THE DEN CHIEF ROLE
A BOY SCOUT
POSITION OF RESPONSIBILITY
Be an older, experienced Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, or Venturer who has been a Boy Scout. Selected by the senior patrol leader and Scoutmaster, Varsity Scout Coach, or Venturing Advisor at the request of the Cubmaster or Webelos den leader. Preferably a former Cub Scout; ideally at least First Class rank. Approved by the Cubmaster and pack committee for recommendation to the Webelos den leader. Registered as a youth member of a troop, team, or crew.
The Webelos den chief's responsibilities are to
- Know the purposes of Cub Scouting.
- Help Webelos Scouts achieve the purposes of Cub Scouting.
- Serve as the activities assistant at Webelos den meetings.
- Set a good example through attitude and uniforming.
- Be a friend to the boys in the Webelos den.
- Help lead weekly den meetings.
- Help the Webelos den in its part of the monthly pack meeting.
- Meet regularly with the Webelos den leader to review den meeting plans.
- Help Webelos den leaders as requested.
- Help Webelos Scouts in their work with activity badge counselors.
- Help the Webelos denner and assistant denner to be leaders.
- Receive training from the den leader (and Cubmaster or assistant Cubmaster) and attend Den Chief Training.
- Help with Webelos overnight campouts and other outdoor experiences.
- Help with joint Webelos Scout-Boy Scout activities.
- Keep in contact with the assistant Scoutmaster in the troop.
- Help the assistant Scoutmaster and Cubmaster plan graduation ceremonies for Webelos Scouts.
[ Back To Top ]
[ Back to the DEN CHIEF UNIFORMING Page ]
[ Back to the WEBELOS DEN CHIEF Page ]
[ Back to the DEN SERVICE AWARD Page ]
[ Back to the HOME Page ]
Updated 15nov01 per
The Cub Scout Leader's Book
BSA #33221B, © 2001 Boy Scouts of America
The Virtual Cub Leader's Handbook