75th ANNIVERSARY PACK AWARD
(For Each Member of a Qualifiying Pack)
[ HOME ]
Complete Requirement 1 and complete 5 other activities
- Participate in a pack, district, or council celebration commemorating the 75th Anniversary of Cub Scouting. (This could be a Blue and Gold Banquet.)
- Conduct an open house or recruiting event (an indoor event or help outdoors at a local park or other facility) to introduce new families to Cub Scouting and emphasize how Scouting's values have remained constant throughout Cub Scouting's 75-year history.
- Take part in a parade or other community event through which your pack can promote the 75th Anniversary of Cub Scouting.
- Conduct a pack derby in which boys are encouraged to decorate entries with a 75th Anniversary of Cub Scouting theme.
- Using the history of Cub Scouting as the theme, conduct an outdoor campfire program.
- Conduct a pack service project, such as Good Turn for America, that promotes and reinforces the concept of 75 years of Cub Scouts helping others. As a pack, contribute at least 75 hours of service.
- Work with your chartered organization to recognize Cub Scouting's 75th Anniversary in the organization's correspondence, newsletter, or other media.
- Prepare a photo display for your chartered organization or other community location, highlighting activities of your pack today and in years past. This may also include photos from other family members who were in Scouting.
- Appoint a pack historian to document pack events during the 75th Anniversary celebration. The historian may add to an existing scrapbook or history or may begin a scrapbook or other record that the pack can build on in the future.
- At your chartered organization, local park, or other community site, plant a tree to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of Cub Scouting.
Ask your Scout Shop for BSA item 75004 - "Pack Award: Patch with silver border." For each qualified youth and adult member. Cost is $3.95 each.
This patch can be worn as a "temporary patch" centered on the Scout(er)s right uniform shirt pocket. Only one temporary patch may be worn at a line.
[ Back to HOME ]
Copyright © 1996-2004
The Virtual Cub Leader's Handbook
All Rights Reserved