75th ANNIVERSARY FAMILY AWARD
(For Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, Webelos Scouts & Family Members)
[ HOME ]
Complete Requirement 1 and complete 5 other activities
- Participate in a pack, district, or council celebration commemorating the 75th Anniversary of Cub Scouting. (This could be a Blue and Gold Banquet.)
- Invite another family to attend a 75th Anniversary event or activity to learn more about Cub Scouting and how to join.
- Visit a business, landmark, or other site or structure in your community that is at least 75 years old. Talk to a representative about how the location has changed in the past 75 years.
- As a family, make a list of household items that would not have existed 75 years ago. Discuss what might have been used instead and how life was different without these items.
- Bake a cake, pie, cookies, or other dessert using ingredients that would have been available 75 years ago. Decorate the dessert with a Cub Scout theme.
- Start a family scrapbook or add to an existing one. Include photographs or memorabilia from at least six different Scouting activities.
- Make a family time capsule with each family including items that represent what is important to him or her. Decide on a future date on which to open the capsule together.
- As a family, read an article together from Boy's Life magazine (accessible via the Internet at www.boyslife.org). Talk about how this article would have been different had it been written 75 years ago.
- Draw a family time line going back at least 75 years. Include significant dates such as birthdays, weddings, and when family members joined Scouting. Mark 1930 as the year Cub Scouting began.
- Find a picture or photograph of the Cub Scout uniform in 1930. Discuss how the uniform has changed. Have each family member draw a picture of what they think the Cub Scout uniform might look like 75 years in the future.
Ask your Scout Shop for BSA item 75003 - "Family Award: Patch with yellow border." For all Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, Webelos Scouts, and family members. Cost is $3.95 each.
This patch can be worn as a "temporary patch" centered on the Scout(er)s right uniform shirt pocket. Only one temporary patch may be worn at a line.
[ Back to HOME ]
Copyright © 1996-2004
The Virtual Cub Leader's Handbook
All Rights Reserved