|* MESSAGE BOARD
* DEFINING ABUSE
* PHYSICAL ABUSE
* SEXUAL ABUSE
* EMOTIONAL ABUSE
* GROWING UP
* Mixed Messages
* Helpful Hints for Assertive Behavior
* Lack of Empathy
* Why is it so difficult to speak my mind with those who matter most?
* Family Game of Denial
* Inconsistency & Unpredictability
* Role Reversal
* The Closed Family System
* SEXUAL ABUSE
* Effects Of Sexual Abuse
* Lost of Self Esteem
* What Is Depression?
* Types of depression
* What Are the Symptoms of Depression?
* Recognizing the Signs of Suicide
* What to do if someone you know is thinking of suicide?
* How do you know if you self-iinjure?
* Classifying self-harm
* How do I know if I'm ready to stop?
* Help for families and friends
* So what do I do instead?
* THE HEALING JOURNEY
* Self-Esteem Booster
* Celebrate your strengths to raise your self esteem
* Questions to ask yourself to survey your self esteem
* What names do you call yourself?
* Essence of Forgiveness
* Honoring the Child you were
* CHANGING PATTERNS
* Past Becomes Present
* Common Patterns in Adult Survivors
* What is normal?
* Feelings: Necessary part of life
* Panic: Calming Down
* Guilt & Shame
* What is guilt?
* What is anxiety?
* What is panic disorder?
* Panic attack symptoms
* Anger management tips
* Signs of ignored boundaries
* Rational boundary building thinking
* How to establish healthy boundaries
* Ten ways to build your self esteem
* How to increase your self esteem
* Self Acceptance
* GETTING SUPPORT
* The Different Therapy Styles and Theoretical Orientations
* What type of therapist do you need?
* Choosing a counselor/therapist
* Partners/Supporters of Survivors of Child Abuse
* Support Groups
* 10 Steps to protect yourself online
* How to help? (Friend or Family)
* Sources for you (supporter/partner) to receive support
* Support groups Links
* DATE RAPE
* What is Acquaintance Rape?
* Things You Oughta Know About
* Date Rape Drugs
* Protecting Yourself from Date Rape Drugs
* ARTICLES (PIECES WRITTEN BY ME)
* Shattered Glass
* Pitfalls of Life
* Strings of family
* Remembering..rage against mother
* Working through mother blame
* The Child Within
* "please-aholic" how does one stop?
* Rambling about parenthood
* Are our kids safe?
* IS Happiness A conscience Choice?
* Excerise: I don't remember
* A spark of anger.. I MATTER
* Evolution of Childhood
* “I committed no crime”
* What kind of mother am I?
* Ancient Mythology
* Ancient Superstitions
* Wicca & Witchcrafts
* Discovering Dragons
* Gem Magic
* Herbal Magic
* Art with Words
* Dragonpoet’s Poetry
* World of Neopets
|The abuse was never our fault! We never asked for it, wanted it, or needed it. It was done to us!
If you have visited this site before then you know that its appearance has changed yet again. I love to hear what you about the changes to the site, if you like them, or prefer the older look, and if you are new, well then you have little to compair this new look with, but in neither case, I hope you enjoy the site and thank you for stopping bye.
|Been battered and bruised,
Been lost in the darkness,
Drowning in the sea of sorrow,
But here I am still standing,
Still seeking and striving
To stand tall.
|Click on any of the areas listed below to visit those pages. Thank you.|
|Effects Of Sexual Abuse|
|Lost of Self Esteem|
|As survivors we may feel ashame, dirty, and that what happened was our fault, but it wasn't our fault, and we never asked for it!|
|Click on any of the links below to visit other sites dedicated to Sexual Abuse.|
|* PANdora's Box
* Sexual Abuse of Males
* National Organization for Male Survivors
* What is Child Sexual Abuse?
* Child Abuse Prevention Network
* Sexual Abuse- Dr. Greene
* Survivors of Incest Anonymous
* INCEST SURVIVORS
* Abuse/Incest Support
* Survivors Forum
* Checklist for Survivors
* Dancing in the Dark
* Survivors Art Foundation
* Spiritual Healing for Survivors for Clergy Sexual Abuse
* Incest Survivors Information
* Incest Survivors
* VOICES In Action
|Dealing With Shame|
|Sexual Abuse, Rape, Incest, or Assualt all leads one to feeling powerless. As a child one is powerless to stop what is happening, there is little if anything the child can do to protect themselves. One of the steps in healing is to regain the power that was lost, to take back what you should have had. It isn't easy, but it is essential to know that now as an adult you can take back power stolen from you. Sometimes that may entail confronting the abuse, but no matter what action you take, it is important to regain power over your life.|
|If you have a great link that should be focused here then please email me at dragonpoet|
|Books: most can be found on Amazon.com
* The Wounded Heart: Hope for Adult Victims of Childhood Sexual Abuse
by Dan B. Allender, Larry Crabb
* Allies in Healing: When the Person You Love Was Sexually Abused as a Child
by Laura Davis
* Beginning to Heal: A First Book for Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse
by Ellen Bass, Laura Davis
* Sexual Violence: Our War Against Rape
by Linda Fairstein
* License to Rape: Sexual Abuse of Wives
by David Finkelhor
* Breaking Trust: A Priest Looks at the Scandal of Sexual Abuse
by William J. Bausch
* Childhood's Thief: One Woman's Journey of Healing from Sexual Abuse
by Rose Mary Evans
* The Courage To Heal
by Ellen Bass & Laura Davis
* The Right to Innocence: Healing the Trauma of Childhood Sexual Abuse by Beverly Engel.
There numerous other books as well if you like to recommend one send an email to dragonpoet.