Worksheet # 37 Questions Home
Solidarity Fleet Delaware Garrison Regulars
Sunshine Patriot Enlistment Victory or Death Nathaniel Greene Princeton
1) The site of a battle in New Jersey that the continental army won about a week
after the Battle of Trenton:_________________.
2) Collection of a navyÕs ships:__________________.
3) A group of soldiers that are assigned to defend a location:________________.
4) The term for soldiers who are trained and professional:________________.
5) A feeling of unity or oneness among members of a group:_______________.
6) The river separating Pennsylvania and New Jersey crossed by Washington:___________.
7) Agreement to be in the army for a certain number of years. For many of WashingtonÕs
soldiers, the time was going to expire on December 31, 1776: _______________.
8) One of WashingtonÕs best officers who helped the attack at Trenton:____________.
9) A term coined by Thomas Paine for the people who were discouraged about the
revolution when the war was going badly:_______________.
10) Password of the rebel army on the day of the Battle of Trenton:_____________.
Thought Question: What are some advantages and disadvantages of EnglandÕs use
of Hessian soldiers in fighting the war? (Hint: many captured Hessians decided
to settle in America once the war was over).