|I've started with version 2 of the cape now, after I managed to find curtain fabric with the rose clusters on it. It's clusters of four instead of three as in the original though. I've also been able to make the cape larger than the first version, which I wasn't really happy about the model. I cut it out on free hand, with the v.1 of the cape pinned to the fabric as inspiration.|
|This is what the new cape looks like from the back.
I will try to dye the cape with a tea dye. I've done one test piece with the help of Lipton's citrus fruit tea bags, you can see the result below.
|Here's a picture of the different colours from left to right: 1 the old cape, 2 test swatch of the tea dyed cape fabric, 3 cape fabric before the dye, 4 blouse, 5 corset
|Main Picnic Page | Obi Anne's costumes|