Friendship Bracelets are great presents and are fun to make.
You will need:
- Three lengths of thread (embroidery silk or wool) 50cm long
- a safety pin
- Tie the threads together at one end leaving a 5cm fringe. Pin the threads on to something which will keep them in place while you work, for example a cushion or the padded arm of a chair.
- Hold thread B taut with your left hand (right hand if you are left-handed) and loop thread A over and then under thread B pushing the loop you have made up towards the top knot so that it becomes quite tight. Repeat this again so you have made two loops with thread A.
- Now pass thread A over to the right leaving thread B on the left and thread C in the middle. Repeat step 2. using thread B to make loops around thread C. Pass thread B over to the right so thread C is on the left, thread A is in the middle and thread B is on the right.
- Repeat this knotting and passing the thread to the right until you have created a strip long enough to go around your wrist- probably about 20cm. Be careful not to get the threads muddled.
- Finish off by knotting all three threads together. Trim the ends to make another 5cm fringe at the end. Make the strip in to a bracelet for yourself or a friend.
Return to Top
Back to Summer 2000 Challenge Page
Build a Ballista
1st Chelsea Guides
Last Modified : 8th July 2000