[Lady Sheherazahde's Wiccan Ways]
Send comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org
This page created 03/21/2007, last updated 03/21/2007
The Abecedarian Book Project
About the Abecedarian Book Project
We have all seen those boring alphabet cards that say "A is for Apple", "B is for Ball". The Abecedarian Book Project is a way to make learning words fun and personal.
Here's how it works:
1. Get a notebook, three-ring binder, or a file folder; and some paper, markers, glue, pens and other art supplies as desired.
2. Write down your favorite words. You choose the words for your own reasons. I like words that have interesting sounds or strange meanings, rare and exotic words, or just common words with secret histories.
3. For each words you choose to add to your collection decorate a page with all the information you have about it: definition, connotation, pictures, etymology (history), related words, why you like it, anything you want.
4. As you finish decorating each word page add it to your personal Abecedarian Book.
Links to Word Resources
Visuwords: Online Graphical Dictionary
A Word A Day
Word Spy "This Web site is devoted to lexpionage, the sleuthing of new words and phrases. These aren't "stunt words" or "sniglets," but new terms that have appeared multiple times in newspapers, magazines, books, Web sites, and other recorded sources."
The Jargon File, version 4.4.7
Sheherazahde's Abecedarian Word List
- Cormorant ("Sea Raven")
- Meta (meta-phor)(meta-physics)