This was the attendees from the 2010 Annual Carv-a-Palooza!

The 2011 Canadian Carv-a-Palooza

This is the official webpage for the 3rd Annual Canadian Carv-a-Palooza which takes place from the 6th until the 10th of April, 2011. Chainsaw sculpture at it's best with 39 carvers taking part this coming year from around the globe, Open to the public for  days of exciting viewing of sculptures being created before your eyes from found & old growth logs You will have the opportunity to meet these carvers up close & personal & then purchase a piece of their artwork at the auction which is held on Sunday, the 10th of April, at 3:30 PM in the afternoon when the event is wrapping up!

This event is for new & experienced carvers of all skill levels & takes place at my studio/property south of Highgate, Ontario, Canada. It is fun get together to meet other carvers from around the globe, take part in learning from others in this art by attending the scheduled seminars or just through watching & communicating with the carver beside you! 

Changes from the 2010 event!

The event will be running for 5 full days which each day starts at 8:00 am - 6:00 pm, The event starts on the 6th of April - 10th of April, 2011.

There is a speed carve each of the last 4 days (Thursday to Sunday) at 1:30 pm each day & the auction will commence on the Sunday (April 10th) at 3:30 pm whereas the proceeds are split with 75% going directly back to the carvers to cover travel costs & the other 25% goes directly into paying for the event costs.

Rain date for the Auction will be Saturday April 16th @ 3:00pm

A link to the 2010 Carv-a-Palooza synopsis & the attending carvers profiles

A link to the Photobucket alums from the 2009 event!

A link to the Photobucket albums from the 2010 event!

This years Sponsors are below including Highgate Tender meats, Archie Mc Tavish, Sikes Sand & Gravel!

Thanks to all the generous sponsors botjh large & small!

Profiles

 

ALF SKANEBY,Sweden

My name is Alf Skaneby, creator of the largest park of sculptures in Europe. This forest

of trolls, called Trollskogen, you will find at Hundfjället near Sälen - a famous Ski resort in the Swedisch mountains. There are more than 600 objects in a living world of trolls and

animals, who can speak, sing and play. There are 44 audio stations with 80 sounds.

 My work: - 100% chainsaw - no handcarving - no powertools.

 I am musician from birth, but also a text – writer and drama - producer. I am too old, but

My head is as young as ever, married to Tina with two daughters. We live in

Beddingestrand, close to Trelleborg, at the very south of Sweden.

 I have sculptured with chainsaw since 1977, which keeps me busy most of the time. 

See my website for more pictures!

 Country: Sweden


Alfs Website

 

Bobbi's Website

Dick's Website

 

Kats Website

Keiji's Website

Rube's Website

Vlado's Website

Neil's Website

My Website        My Photobucket       My Gallery       My events page

Flavios Website

Steven's e-mail Kenzora@yahoo.com