-MAGIC & PSI-
Rules of Play for Magic/Psychic special abilities.
-Rules for Seidr (Magic)-
- You only get six spells
- You must choose a single Element as the basis for your magic.
- You cannot combine Elements.
- Be aware that each Element has a counter-Elemental balance.
- A counter element neutralizes or aggravates the element in play.
The Elements are:
- Earth (counter element: Fire)
- Air (counter element: Water)
- Fire (counter element: Earth)
- Water (counter element: Air)
Magic costs you:
- You don't get to just sit around all day casting spells.
- You do a bunch of little spells; you're not going to be in a position to call down lightning at night.
- You do a big spell and you better have some place to sleep mapped out.
- Expect to collapse.
- Have someone watch your stuff.
- You need to explain what your magic spells are.
- You only get six and they can't change unless the list mods approve it.
(We won't approve it unless we're impressed with you. *Grin*)
- Have some sense of decorum about what you're asking for spell wise.
- Don't expect us to give you godlike powers!
(Unless you seriously kiss ass over a great deal of time.)
- You can't change your Element.
It's an in-born thing. Your entire energy becomes tied to your Element.
A word about shapeshifting
-Shapeshifting is a magical talent only the Sedir may utilize.
-It *DOES* count as of one of the maximum six spells that a Sedir can possess.
-If you choose to be a shapeshifter, the animal form you choose must be in alignment with your main element. -For example, an Earth Aligned Seidr may have the ability to turn into a wolf, A air aligned one the ability to turn into a bird, etc...
Here are some guidelines you can follow when choosing the type of creature you
can shapeshift into. These are simply guidelines, if you can come with a
really good reason why you air based charachter can turn into a spider...we
may approve it, as always the rule is be creative! Creativity is rewarded....
Earth: -Wolves and all other canines. -Cats, yah even the big ones. -Bears. Air: -Anything that flies! (birds, owls, flying insects..etc..). Water: Any animals that live in or near the water. (So yah..you could be a swan if you wanted to...) Fire: All poisonous and venemous animals! (Snakes, Biting or Stinging Insects, Salamanders
-Rules for Squatters (PSI)-
There are four basic psychic abilities:
- Empathy (Healing)
If you don't know what these words mean go to www.dictionary.com and look it UP.
- All powers are both receptive and projective.
- Squatters are allowed just a single psychic ability.
- You cannot combine, mix, match, mangle, mutate, mulch…whatever.
- Psychic abilities cost.
- Every use of your psychic abilities will cost you something in terms of a physical ailment, starting with a splitting headache and nosebleeds.
The bigger a thing you try to do, the bigger a physical cost you have. You can die or get really sick if you overuse your powers. You know who gets to decide if you're overusing? The Gods. Us. The Game-Mods. Neener.
- Use some sense and don't try for godlike psychic powers immediately.
- You can't change your psychic power. It's an in-born thing.