He was born on the Wilcox homestead on the Hillsboro road April 30, 1866, the son of Fred D.
Wilcox and Julia Loevenguth Wilcox. He married Dora Audis of Elpis September 6th, 1890, and
for a short time thereafter lived in the house built by Will Halstead on the Hillsboro road.
He moved from there to Elpis and for about ten years operated the Garlick farm. In 1906 he
went to Cattarugus county to manage a large Holstein farm, and from there moved to Lakeland;
near Syracuse, and was manager of Wing R. Smith's Holstein Farm. About 1913 he moved into
Syracuse and did a small contracting and trucking business. about six years ago he began to
distribute gasoline and oils and soon the firm of Wilcox and Sontheimer became distributors
for Tydol gasoline and veedol oils in the county of Onondaga, which continued to the date of
His funeral was held at the home 524 North Geddes street, Syracuse, on Monday. The body was,
the same day, laid to rest in Forest Park cemetery at Camden. Many freinds and relatives from
Camden, Syracuyse, Vienna, and other places, attended the funeral. The bearers were: Lundy
Audas, Claude Crenan, Frank Allen, Charles Clark, Donald VanDyke, Frank Sontheimer.
He leaves his wife Dora, and one daughter, Mabel, who lives at home; three sisters, Jennie R.
of Washington, D. C., Mrs. Charles E. Clark of Camden, Mrs. Frank B. Allen of Syracuse; and
three brothers, Edwin A. of Syracuse; Chester, of Madison, Wis.; and Robert E., of Rochester,
WILCOX -- In Syracuse, N.Y., december 19, 1929, Adelbert G. Wilcox, native of Camden, in his
Back to the Rush and Lovenguth Page
Back to the Lovenguth descendants
Back to Ann's Ancestry