|Wrigley and Redwine now ghost towns that once passed through their boom period with Lenox, Cannel City, and Pomp.
Redwine located at the head of North Fork and called the North Fork of Loveland or Redwine. Wrigley also located on Upper North Fork was a quiet little village until the railroad gave it it's moment of glory and the highway took it away. Redwine was the name given the depot because Math Redwine owned most of the Upper North Fork. The post office was in an out of the way place called Loveland, but the mail was being taken to Redwine instead of Loveland, so Redwine came to be the post office.
Redwine was never a prominent community until the railroad ventured through with advent of the timber boom and the rush to mine coal.
Redwine never had an established church, but had three schoolhouses and church was held at the schools with all denominations participating. Redwine enjoyed its boom period because of the high demand for timber and coal, but when the demand declined, it's prosperity ended.
Wrigley however grew and grew as long as the coal and timber held out. Wrigley was the focus of this area. Wrigley was named for Bill Wrigley a prominent citizen of the area, who bought a organ for the church and in return asked that the community be named for him. The early settlers of Wrigley, were the Whitts. Wrigley was also well known for the Riffe Springs. Visitors came from far and near, to drink the pure, healthful, mineral water. Wrigley boasted two boarding houses where they could stay. The first school was built in 1895, replaced in 1936 and became just a grade school in 1938.
Wrigley is now a small farming village at the junciton of 711 and 7.
|Wrigley Depot where the L&N would pick up it's load.|
|Elmer Rarliff store at Wrigley, became a very famous place in it's own right. Pictures have been published in the Lexington Herald, and many pictures of this same store are sold yearly at the Sorghum Festival.|
|Wrigley Hotel built in 1906, later used as dwelling and then a commercial mini-home.|