Knitting tips and hints
I will add more hints and tips often, keep checking back for updates!
- Use stitch markers liberally, use them when you need to repeat a pattern, use them at the end of every repeat, that way if you make a mistake, you will only have a few stitches to check over instead of a whole row.
- Make stitch markers out of pieces of a different colored yarn, make a slip stitch and put on the needle where you want to mark an area.
- Slip one stitch at the beginning of every row, this makes a much neater row, and does not affect the pattern at all.
- If you drop a stitch, use a crochet hook to bring the stitch back up to where it belongs, instead of ripping out several rows.
- If you make a mistake, don't necessarily rip it out, if it is not very noticable, or you can adjust the pattern somehow, don't worry about it. Mistakes 1" from the beginning or ending of a row, will be hidden in the seam most likely.
Back to knitting page