1. Hold the needle with the cast on stitches in your right hand and the empty needle and yarn in your left hand.
2. Insert the left needle from front to back into the first cast on stitch on the right needle. Keep the left needle under the right needle and the yarn at the back.
3. Wrap the yarn under and over the left needle in a counter-clockwise motion.
4. With the left needle, catch the yarn and pull it through the stitch on the right needle.
5. Slip the cast on stitch off the right needle. The left needle holds the new stitch. Continue to repeat these steps until you have worked all of the stitches from the right needle to the left needle. This completes 1 row of stitches.
Back to Knitting index page | Go to Purling for left handers