Gingerbread Cookie Mix In A Jar 2
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cup packed brown sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoon ground allspice
4-2 cup jars
3 Gingerbread Cookie Cutters
Optional: dried cranberries, cinnamon candies, raisins, small tubes deco frosting
If using above – u will need small baggies to hold it.
Mix 2 cups of the flour with the baking soda and baking powder. Mix the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour with the spices. In a one-quart, wide-mouth canning jar layer the ingredients starting with the flour baking powder mixture then the brown sugar and finally the flour and spice mixture.
Divide into the 4 jars. Place a circle of gingerbread fabric between lid and ring and tie a gingerbread man cookie cutter onto jar with ribbon.
Attach a card to the jar with the following directions, a gingerbread cookie cutter, and a small baggie of decorating items if desired.
1. Empty contents of jar into a large mixing bowl. Blend together well.
2. Add 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine, 3/4 cup molasses and 1 slightly beaten egg. Mix until completely blended. Dough will be very stiff so you may need to use your hands. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
4. Roll dough to 1/4" thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter. Place cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet about 2" apart.
5. Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 10 to 12 minutes. Decorate as desired. Makes 2 to 3 dozen large gingerbread people. Recipe should be used within 3 months
4 jars of mix for 2 dozen cookies per jar