Butter Pecan Crisps
Crisco® Butter No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 (18.25 oz.) package Pillsbury® Reduced Sugar Yellow Cake
1/3 stick Crisco® Butter Shortening Sticks
OR 1/3 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening
1/4 cup cold water
1 large egg
2/3 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1 large egg white, beaten
1. HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
2. COMBINE cake mix and shortening in a medium bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until coarse meal forms. Add water, egg and 2/3 cup pecans, mixing on low until dough comes together.
3. SHAPE dough into forty-two 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Spray bottom of a cup with no-stick cooking spray. Flatten dough to 2-inches in diameter, spraying cup as needed.
4. COMBINE sugar and finely chopped nuts in a small bowl. Brush unbaked cookies with egg white. Sprinkle with sugar-pecan mixture.
5. BAKE 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute. Remove to cooling rack
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen cookies