Welcome to the S:AAB Ring homepage!
The S:AAB Ring is a group of Space: Above and Beyond sites around the Web, linked together in a circular fashion. You can travel a ring in either direction, either jumping to the next site or previous site in the ring; you can also jump to a random site in the ring, or simply get a list of all pages in the loop.
On this page, you can find:
- Please note: Yahoo! has made a number of drastic (and highly unwelcome) changes to the WebRing system. You will now require a Yahoo! ID to join any WebRing. Find out more about the new Yahoo! Webring here.
- Thanks to Rayhne who provided a list of sites that are MIA, the S:AAB Ring has finally undergone some housecleaning! If anyone comes across more MIA sites, please let me know, so that the Ring can be kept intact.
As of 5 Dec 2000, there are 155 members in the Ring, and 88 more on the queue.
- Check out the S:AAB World Roster!
Statistics on the S:AAB Ring indicate that S:AABers from all over the world have visited this page - the 40-odd countries represented include Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, UK, USA, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Yugoslavia. (Phew!) This made me think it'll be interesting (and a whole lot of work!) to start and maintain a S:AAB World Roster. Please help me out by filling out this survey form.
- UPDATED 21 Jan 99. Check out the S:AAB Ring Showcase!
- KEEP S:AAB (SITES) ALIVE!!
Sadly, some S:AAB sites have been taken down from the Internet by their owners for one reason or another. I would like to suggest that S:AAB site owners who want to take down their sites due to a lack of time to maintain it, *please* consider "passing" it on to another S:AABer! If you can't find someone else to take over it, please email me. Don't let your work go wasted! :)
Membership is open to
- any S:AABer, as long as
- the site being registered must not just merely mention S:AAB somewhere, but
- must have at least one page dedicated to Space: Above and Beyond.
Joining the Ring
- Click here to access the S:AAB Ring Navigation page (will open in a new window) and click on the "Join This Ring" button near the top right-hand corner of the page.
- You will be prompted for your Yahoo! ID if you're currently not logged on to the Yahoo! system. If you are a registered member with Yahoo!, sign in with your ID and password to proceed. If you are new to Yahoo!, you will have to sign up for a Yahoo! account before you can join the Ring. Simply follow Yahoo!'s instructions to sign up and log on.
- Once you're logged on, click the "Join Ring" button.
- Provide your site URL, name, and description. Remember to read all instructions on the page.
- On submitting your site information, your site will be placed on the Ring's queue. A Ring navigation system has to be
installed on your site before it can be added to the Ring. Instructions for doing this will come in two emails.
- The first email will be an automated email sent by Yahoo! about installing their new Server-Side Navigation Bar (SSNB) on your site. If you like the look of the SSNB, go ahead and follow those instructions, then email me to let me know that the SSNB has been installed (remember to include your site info). If you should prefer the old Ring table (as seen at the bottom of this page), however, please HOLD ON to that automated email (don't delete it) and watch out for the second email.
- The second email will be a personalised one sent by me, with instructions on how to install the old Ring table (these instructions are reproduced below). Follow the instructions, then email me once you're done (again, be sure to include your site info in your message).
- After checking out your page for S:AAB content and the required S:AAB Ring navigation system, your page will be added to the Ring. You should then receive an email informing you that you've been added.
- Congratulations! You're done!
Editing your site info
- Go to Yahoo! Webring and sign in with your Yahoo! ID and password.
- Click on "My Rings" at the top right-hand corner of the page. You will then see a list of all the Rings you're a member of.
- Click on "Manage Site" for the entry you want to edit.
- Make the changes and submit them. Note that there may be a brief delay before Yahoo! WebRing updates your site info.
Installing the original S:AAB Ring table
- Take note of the SSNB URL emailed to you by Yahoo! WebRing on submitting your site to the Ring. The URL should start off looking something like this:
From this URL, note down your site ID (in this example, the site ID is 123).
- Save the two S:AAB Ring images you see at the bottom of this page to the same folder as your S:AAB page.
- Copy and paste the following code onto your S:AAB page:
- Where the code says YOUR_NAME, YOUR_EMAIL_ADDRESS, and YOUR_SITE_ID (6 occurrences), change these to your name, email address, and the site ID which you have noted down in Step 1.
- You're done!
If you have any questions about any of the above, feel free to email me.
This webring is made possible by WebRing
S:AAB Ring graphics designed by Susan Pickens.
Last modified: 5 Dec 2000