|Frederick Haupt and Dorothea (_________)
b. Oct. 10, 1743 b.
d. July 6, 1802 d.
1. Conrad Haupt - b. abt. 1765 d. 1811
m. Maria Magdalena Rittman - b. d.
m. Apr. 28, 1789 Christ Lutheran, Stouchsburg, Tulpehocken Twp., Berks Co., PA
2. Anna Barbara - b. Jan. 28, 1768 d.
Baptized at Muddy Creek Church, East Cocalico Twp., Lancaster Co., PA. Widow "Haubin" is a witness.
3. Johann Adam Houpt - b. Jan. 20, 1770 d. Aug. 27, 1851
John Adam Houpt is buried in the tiny rural village of Kleinfeltersville,
Heidelberg Twp., Lebanon Co., PA. Nothing more is known about him. I have just learned of him (July 2009).
4. John Frederick - b. Mar. 1, 1772 d. Sept. 12, 1829
m. Hanna Mayer - b. d.
m. Aug. 29, 1814 in Annville Twp., Lebanon Co., PA
5. John - b. Mar. 28, 1774 d. May 7, 1824
m. Christina Behm - b. d.
6. Susannah - b. Oct. 18, 1781 d. Jan. 21, 1834
m. John Schnebele - b. d.
7. Maria Magdalena - b. Oct. 30, 1783 d.
m. Heinrich Jungst - b. d.
m. Apr. 19, 1808
8. Catherine - b. May 7, 1786 d.
Catherine was baptized at Muddy Creek Church, East Cocalico Twp.
9. Anna Maria - b. Jan. 15, 1789 d. Aug. 25, 1823
m. John Blauch - b. d.
In 1771, Frederick is found living in Brecknock Twp., (near Adamstown), Lancaster Co., PA. This is on the shared border with Berks County. Over the many years of Haupt research dating back to the 1920's, Frederick has been placed in the family groups of two other Haupt immigrants Johannes (1712) and Johann Nicholas (1709). This has been done with really no evidence to go on. I am not convinced at all the Johannes (b. 1712) even settled in America. What for many years was thought to be him has turned out to be Johannes (b. 1734). There no will left by Johann Nicholas (b. 1709) who did arrive in Pennsylvania. Frederick is possibly a son of Johann Nicholas (b. 1709). Frederick is believed to have been born in Pennsylvania with the likely county being Lancaster.