Cambridge, Ontario's
Anglican Churches

St. James' Anglican Church

520 Ellis Road, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada   N3C 4B1

  St. David's Church

Rector:

Rev. Canon Linda Nixon
appointed June 1st, 2011


Organist:

Ljiljana Markovic


Phone:

519-658-4547


Sunday Services:

Holy Eucharist
8:30 a.m. & 10:00 a.m.

  St James' Anglican Church
  St. John's Anglican Church
  St. Luke's Anglican Church
  St. Thomas the Apostle
  Trinity Anglican Church




Diocese of Huron

St James Anglican, Cambridge, Ontario


St James Anglican Church began in 1882 as a mission of Trinity Anglican Church, Galt.   The first Anglican services in Hespeler (now part of Cambridge) were held in the Royal Templars' Hall on Cooper Street and later in the Temperance Hall.   The Parish of St. James was organized in 1884.   On June 17, 1893 the cornerstone was laid for a church with dedication services held on October 28, 1893 by Bishop Maurice Baldwin.   St. James was separated on January 01, 1890 from Preston, to which it had been attached since its organization, and continued on as a separate parish.   This first church, which was located at 30 Harvey Street was closed in 1990 when the new church was erected at its present location on Ellis Road.
 

Inside St James, Cambridge, Ontario
Anglican Canada
<< Prev   | Sites | Hub | Random |   Next >>