Anglican Churches of Cambridge, Ontario


The City of Cambridge is in southwestern Ontario, Canada.   In the 2006 census it had a population of 120,371.   The metropolitan area, which includes the neighbouring cities of Kitchener and Waterloo, has 451,235 people.   The city was created in 1973 when the communities of Galt, Preston and Hespeler were amalgamated.

Galt was established around 1817 and became the centre of Scottish settlement in Upper Canada.   Soon after it became a mission station of the Church of England.   The oldest congregation established in 1840 is Trinity Anglican.   Its building is the oldest stone church in Waterloo Region.   It was consecrated in October 1844 by Bishop John Strachan of Toronto, 13 years before the Diocese of Huron was formed.

Diocese of HuronCambridge's Anglican churches are in the Deanery of Waterloo, along with churches in Kitchener, Waterloo, New Hamburg and Ayr, Ontario.

The Deanery of Waterloo is one of 13 deaneries in the Diocese of Huron.
 
  St James Anglican, Cambridge, Ontario
St Mark's Anglican, London, Ontario Circle of Faith Anglican National Historic Sites of Canada