Jabez Norris was born about 1803 and died 2/7/1848, in Thompson Twp, aged 45 years. In the 1840 census index, Jabez Norris is listed in Thompson Township. Although there are other Norris families, his is the only one in Thompson. His administration is on file with the Surrogate Court, Sullivan County, and was administered by Mary Norris and Clinton V. R. Lundington. Jabez Norris married Mary Comfort, who was also born about 1803 in New York State. The children of Jabez Norris are:
1. Comfort Norris, was born about 1827. He was not on the 1850 census with mother and family.
2. Robert Norris was born 1829 and died April 3, 1890. He is buried in Rock Ridge Cemetery, Monticello, NY. His administration was filed April 21, 1890. He was a farmer in Monticello.
3. Mary C. Norris, born December 1830. She appears in the 1900 federal census in Thompson Township, Sullivan County, NY, living alone and described as single. In 1900 she lives with her neice and sisters, Jane and Phebe.
4. Anna Jane Norris, born about 1833. In 1910 she lives in Thompson Township with her sister, Mary, and is called Jane A. Ludlum, age 76 and a widow.
5. Oliver Charles Norris born 1836 and died 1926. He married Mary E. Conner
6. Stoddard P. Norris was born 1838 and died 1927.
7. Allen H. Norris born about 1840 and married on 5-16-1864 Mary Terwill
8. Phebe C. Norris was born about 1842, died after 1910, unmarried.
9. Lydia C. Norris was born about 1845 and married on 5-20-1876 William H. Hendrickson
10. William H. Norris, was born August 1846.
©1998-2001, by Pat Walker