Library of Sacred Scrolls
- Manniche, Lise. An Ancient Egyptian Herbal. Austin: University of Texas Press, 1989.
Illuminating regarding the varieties of plants available to
the Egyptians for magic, medicine, decoration, and perfumery. Many of these
plants were also grown in the Levant. Good cross-reference.
- Manniche, Lise. Music and Musicians in Ancient Egypt. London: British Museum Press, 1991.
Fascinating in-depth studies of these aspects of Egyptian culture.
- Ritner, Robert Kriech. The Mechanics of Ancient Egyptian Magical Practice. Studies in Ancient Oriental Civilization ¥ No. 54, The Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago. Chicago: University of Chicago, 1993.
Exhibits an excellent understanding of magic and its practice,
with detailed descriptions of how the Egyptians did it. The best book i've
seen on the subject of Egyptian magic, and a great book on general magical
methodology, too. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
- Thompson, R. Campbell. The Devils and Evil Spirits of Babylonia, vol. I & II. London: Luzac & Co., 1903, 1904; reprint New York: AMS Press Inc., 1976.
Collection of spells and rituals for dealing with evil and illness. Necessary for Ancient Near Eastern Magic.
- For other books covering Mesopotamia, See The First Room: Middle Eastern Studies
Other Rooms in the Library of Sacred Scrolls
Go on to The Library of Links to see what other Pagans are doing, as well as Ancient Near Eastern Museum Collections, Archaeological sites, and more Spiritual pages.
Return to the Temple Directory for links to other rooms in this temple.
Comments? Questions? Answers? Send me
Copyright 1999 Lilinah biti-Anat, All Rights Reserved
Page modified 18 December 2007