THE ONLINE GENEALOGIST|
Online strategies for discovering your family roots
Five Short Steps to More Successful Genealogy|
Here they are ...
- Make good use of the many resources on the net, i.e. search engines
- Enter your data collection into a database program which can
If you don't have one, get a copy of
- create a family tree, and
- generate a GEDCOM file
- Up load your GEDCOM file to places on the web for all to see, such as
- The Ancestry World Tree
and to share with your friends and family privatly, such as
- Take your GEDCOM file and turn it into HTML code ready for publishing on a web page. One good program which will do that for you is
If you have an existing genealogy web page, just make a new subdirectory and upload all the files into it. If you don't have one, the following sites will provide you with free web space and offer you even other incentives to locate your web site on their server:
- When all the files you created with GedPage are uploaded to your web site, you are ready to register your web page with
GENDEX, a special genealogy web page indexing service for web pages created with a GENDEX compatable HTML code generator like
Once you have a web page, you can submit it to all the major search engines by entering the URL right here ...
This will make your whole surname list easier excessable to a much larger number of serious researchers like yourself, giving you much better chances of success. Now, if you would like some assistance with any of these steps or have any questions, just post your comments to our message board or send me an
The URL of this web page is
Copyright © 1999-2000
GenSearch All rights reserved.