This area is under construction.
We are not alone in this universe. Somewhere outside our solar system resides a race of sentient alien beings. Born of mysterious origins, they are conscious, individual beings with mechanical bodies.
More Than Meets the Eye
Four million years ago, two groups of sentient alien robots from the planet Cybertron were fighting each other aboard a long-range explorer spaceship. During the melee the ship crash-landed into a volcano on Earth, burying the craft and damaging the robots beyond their ability to reactivate themselves.
The ship and its inhabitants remained dormant for four million years until in modern times, a volcanic quake dislodged the spaceship, freeing an exploration drone which found and scanned nearby man-made vehicles on Earth. It transmitted the information to a repair drone on the ship which energized and repaired eventually all of the robots.
Cybertronian robots were transformers, able to fold their parts and joints together and assume the form and functionality of a vehicle or machine. After the repairs, most of them were now configured to transform into Earth vehicles. Far from home and millions of years absent, the evil Deceptacons seeked to steal Earth's resources and return home, while the benevolent Autobots obliged to protect the inhabitants of Earth from the Deceptacons.
- The Transformers pilot is split up into three parts depicting the first conflict between the Autobots and the Deceptacons on Earth.
- In Part 1, the Transformers arrived on Earth and the Autobots saved some Human oil rig workers while the Deceptacons attacked and stole energy from the rig in the form of "energon cubes".
- In Part 2, the Autobots attempted to foil more Deceptacon raids, but the Deceptacons managed to escape with more precious energon cubes.
- In Part 3, the Deceptacons finished preparations and launched a new ship to go back to Cybertron, but an Autobot managed to take advantage of a coup within Deceptacon ranks and sabotaged the ship, crashing it into the ocean.
- Important Notes: observations from all 3 parts of the pilot, "More Than Meets the Eye".
- Transformers in robot form are armed with built-in weapons like energy cannons. They can sometimes use these weapons in their alternate form.
- Explore! Repair! How do transformers obtain a new alt-form? (See Part 1).
- Some humanoid transformers are human-sized in robot form, while others more than twice as tall (see Part 1).
- They can emit holographic images of drivers, creating the illusion that they are manned vehicles (See Part 2?).
- Humans all around the world became aware of the existence of Transformers during their first conflict on Earth (See Part 3).
- Other Things to Note
- Orchestral theme song.
- Transformers are seen transforming back and forth during battle in the opening credits.
- Many of the transformers on Cybertron are not seen in their alternate form before leaving, and have robot forms that look identical even after they are configured to look like Earth vehicles later.
- Megatron transforms into a gun, a Cybertronian gun?
- When Optimus Prime tranforms into robot form, his trailer disappears into thin air. It reappears out of nowhere when he transforms into alt-form.
- Most or all of the transformers can fly in robot mode.
- A boy named Spike Witwicky befriends the Autobots.
- Megatron and Optimus both retract their "hands" and replace them with close-combat energy weapons, an axe and a flail (See Part 2).
- Mirage demonstrates the ability to become invisible (See Part 2?).
- A Deceptacon uses teleportation over a very short distance (See Part 3).
- Megatron was thought to be dead on the bottom of a body of water after this conflict (See Part 3).
- The Autobots invited Spike Witwicky to join them on a visit to their home planet of Cybertron.
Transport to Oblivion
Cybertron was low on energy, which is why the Autobots and Deceptacons both left in search of more resources. However, 4 million years later Shockwave and Cybertron are still just barely going, and Shockwave who was left behind happens to try to contact Megatron now.
- How often has Shockwave attempted to contact Megatron in these 4,000,000 years?
- The exploration drone seen in "More Than Meets the Eye" is named Teletran.
- The Deceptacons build a "space bridge" to transport objects vast distances to Cybertron within minutes on a beam of light.
- Megatron gets caught in the bridge and is sent away from Earth.
Roll For It
Starscream leads the Deceptacons for a time, but is not very good at it. Megatron contacts them from Cybertron with orders.
- Prowl's battle computer is damaged, but he uplinks to Chip's computer and is then on remote control.
- Deceptacons extract memories from human Chip's "primitive brain".
- Bumblebee transformed into car form around passengers, putting them in his seats.
- Mirage has been the only Autobot shown to use invisibility.
- Hound has been the only Autobot shown to use holographic drivers or copies of himself.
- Major Characters
- Cybertronian Cargo Van
- Shoulder Rocket
- Blast Shield
- Horned Helmet
- Cybertronian Disc Car
- Hand Gun
- Yellow Volkswagen
- Cybertronian Car with Fin
- Optimus Prime
- Shoulder Rocket
- Military Jeep
- Shoulder Multi-Cannon
- Cybertronian Tower
- Casette Tape
- Cybertronian Jet
- Surveillance Devices
- Earth Jet
- Casette Tape
- Human-size Robot
- Two Shoulder Apparatus
- Seismic Piledrivers
- Casette Tape
- Hip Rockets
- Large Arm Cannon
- Cybertronian Gun
- Two arm cannons
- Arm Wings
- Dark Grey/Green
- Stays behind on Cybertron
- Three Grey/Green Robots
- Jet Configuration