A Manual on Addictions, Compulsions,
and Avoidance for Teens
Parents, Counselors, Educators, Juvenile Probation and Parole Officers, and Clergy:
What are your teens pretending not to know? If you are working with oppositional kids; depressed kids; kids who are using drugs, sex, the internet, or some other form of escape, this book is for you. The Authentic Life Workbook is a workbook/journal that walks kids, in a non-threatening and non-judgmental way, through the process of paying attention to the fact that they are avoiding and what it is that they are avoiding. The workbook also helps them to see how to begin to take accountability and ultimately responsibility for their thoughts, their feelings, their choices, and their actions. And their consequences.
In this workbook, students will learn:
· An avoidance behavior is a way of giving away your personal power.
· An avoidance behavior may take the form of an addiction, a compulsion, or simply a habit.
· There are many ways to give away your power.
· Giving away your personal power and avoidance mean the same thing.
· One part of experiencing your personal power is feeling your feelings.
· Personal power requires that you BE RESPONSIBLE for what you do.
· Coping with problems by avoidance doesn’t work because avoidance doesn’t solve the problem.
· No one else can ever make your choices for you. No one else can ever be the thinker or the doer in your life.
· The truth is you can’t give away your personal power.
To live an authentic life, your own actual life instead of a false, imitation life, you have to know the facts of your life. You have to look at your life and accept it for what it is… not for what you wish it was, or what you hope it will be, but for what it actually is, right here, right now in this moment, in this actual authentic space in which your life is unfolding. –Linda Cathcart
Most people will never learn the things in this workbook in depth. It’s not because this workbook contains valuable secret information unavailable to most people. It is because everyone has valuable secret information about who they are, that most people won’t look for. By working hard, the teen will discover who they are. They may discover why they are who they are. They will begin to discover that they have power beyond anything they have imagined. Everyone has the power to live a life they love.
The workbook is laid out in an interesting and visually appealing format that leads the adolescent through an extensive introspective process, without making him or her feel defensive or overwhelmed.
Great tool for school counselors, residential treatment centers, juvenile
correctional facilities, teen outreach programs, and parents of teens!
Buy it now! Complete set of
two workbooks just $29.95!
To order by credit card, click here:
About the Author
Linda Cathcart, M.A., C.S.A.C.
Linda has been in practice as a therapist
since 1984. In addition to a Bachelor of Arts degree in Fine Arts from the
The Authentic Life Workbook: A Manual on Addictions, Compulsions, and Avoidance for Teens
Editor: Eugenia Tunstall
© 2004, by Linda
Cathcart, and Penand, Inc.,
© 2004 Penand, Inc. and Linda Cathcart