American Legion Riders of Missouri. Chapter 1
17 June 2003
CALL TO ORDER: 1900 Lead by Jim David
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: 1902
INTRODUCTION OF NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS: New Members: Gene Whitfield, Cliff McBride, Dale Kendall, Keith Hendricks, Steve Freant, Oscar Phelps Guests: Allen Biddlingmeier, Judy Moore.
a. Secretary: Read minutes from previous month, J. Schwent makes motion for
acceptance, 2nd by D. RisingEagle, passed by Chapter.
b. Treasurer: Starting Balance: $1081.20, Dues $75.00, Patches $18.00, Branson Raffle $464.00, Colors Run $1510.00, payouts to J Schwent (POW MIA Flag
Patches) $56.00, S. Squires (Name Tapes) $40.33, J. David (A.L. R. Backpatches) $177.70 New Balance: $2874.17
c. Asst. Director: None/ Absent
d. SGT at Arms/Run Coordinator: None
e. Parliamentarian: None
Colors Run: Function went extremely well. Approx. 80 bikes showed. Chapter made $1510.00, K. Buese and A. Brauch recognized by Chapter for doing an outstanding job. Baue Memorial Gardens- Good Turnout
O'Fallon Memorial Day Ceremony-Good Support by Chapter
RF1W: 8 Riders departed on 10 May and went west. 4 Riders left 20 May going east. Terry
Martin was involved in an accident 11 miles out of D.C resulting in him being hospitalized. Our prayers go out to him and his family.
19 Jun MDA Show at Babler State Park in Wildwood. Meet at O'Fallon Walk at 1700 be at Park NL T 1745.
Reference tabled motion by K. Brugmann about flags on bikes for official functions. Brugman rescinds motion, D. Leesman rescinds his 2nd, motion dropped.
New Motion by D. Leesman that flags on A.L.R. bikes for official functions are no bigger than
12X18 in. 2nd by K. Brugmann. Amended bl, K. Brugmann that any flags that are larger are to be in front of procession as a Color Guard, 2n by A. Brauch. Amendment passed by Chapter. Original Motion passed unanimously by Chapter.
1. A. Brauch makes motion for $250.00 to go to usa from Chapter 1. Second by J. Schwent Passed unanimously by Chapter.
2. A. Brauch makes motion for $250.00 to go to Terry Martin to help cover accident expenses. K. Brugmann seconds. Passed unanimously by Chapter.
3. K. Brugmann makes motion for the Chapter to hold a Chapter only function/party in September. Second by C. Brauch-Still open pending a date when we can get together/agree on a date. Director J. David makes motion to appoint K. Buese and A. Brauch as Chairmen of Party Committee, 2nd by W. Wallace, 1 nay A. Brauch, passed by Chapter.
4. D. RisingEagle speaks about the Chapter should visit some Veterans Homes. Still Open pending research.
5. Motion made by S. Squires for Chapter to purchase 'HounDawg' Crests for resale to Chapter members to wear in support of our St. Peters National Guard Unit that is currently serving in Iraq. 2nd by C. Brauch passed unanimously by Chapter.
6. J. Schwent makes motion to purchase 50 of these crests. 2nd by D. Leesman, Passed unanimously.
7. Moving Wall Ceremony's-see attached OPEN DISCUSSION:
26 July-F.O.R.R. has Charity Run for Breast Cancer K. Brugmann will have more details later. 23 Aug- Jim David speaks about the usa Charity Ride. We need support from Chapter. Will meet at Soldiers Memorial in St. Louis. Depart 1300 Ride to Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery and have a Wreath Laying/ POW-MIA Ceremony. Post 162 on S. Broadway will host a reception. Hotel on Lindberg and I-55 has rooms blocked. Camping available at Jefferson Barracks Park. S. Squires will attend meeting at Post 162. There are a lot of loose ends that yet need to be closed up.
SO/50: Total:_$128.00 Amount Won: $64.00 Drawn By: A. Biddlin.Qmeier Won By: K. Buese
CLOSE: Motion made by J. Scwent to close, second by D.RisingEagle, meeting adjourned by Director, J. David at 2015hrs.
STEVEN P. SQUIRES Secretary
A.L.R. of MO, Chapter 1