|Now comes the fun part. The first thing that I did once I started my project was take the motor apart to make sure that there was no damage to the block. Once I got the motor apart, I noticed that it was in EXCELLENT condition, but instead of leaving the motor stock, I decided to do some work to it. The first thing that I did was order new piston, and piston rings from PartsAmerica. Once the new pistons came in, I took the old pistons and connecting rods to a local machine shop, and had the new pistons pressed onto the original connecting rods. The original connecting rods are actually VERY strong and in new condition, so I felt no need to replace them. Once I got them back, I put them in, put in new bearings, and put the botton of the motor back together. The next thing that I did was ship the camshaft to Crane and had a custom re-grind done. This car uses a roller camshaft, and roller lifters, as well as roller rockers (not roller tipped) so there is not a company that makes a performance cam for it, so will need to ship it to a place that will grind the cam to your desired specifications. Two weeks later, I got the cam back, and installed it. After I got the lifters back in I had to check the pushrods to make sure that I could reuse them, or if I would need to get custom one. I deburred the heads, and did a little work to the intake. I put on a 62 mm throttle body, gasket ported the intake and played around with airboxes until I found on the works. I do not want to use a cone filter full time, so I went with the stock airbox for the 1993 Cutlass Supreme with the 3100 (I am not BSing here. The 3100 was first offered in the 1993 Cutlass Supreme as an option, and got a different airbox similar to the 1988 cars).