Respect Others - Be Responsibility In What You Say - Protect Your Privacy
Chatiquette is the etiquette of the Internet chatting world. Included here
is advice on how to conduct yourself, and how you should expect to be
treated during your chat in the GPWR Chat Room.
1.Show RESPECT to other people.
2. When entering the chat room, try to get the 'feel' of what is
going on in the room before you jump right in.
3. Remember that you are not anonymous. The chat server captures your
IP (email address), and you are all visitors are logged into a file. Your IP
address leads to your ISP (Internet Service Provider) who maintains your
personal information on file.
4. Remember that chat is not private.
5. Address each post to the party to whom it is directed. Posts
which are not addressed to a given chatter are sometimes are not answered.
Most people reply to posts directed at them, unless they have good reason
6. Reply to any post directed to you in a courteous manner, unless
there is good reason not to. Don't confine your chat to one person only, as
others may take offense or feel left out.
7. Use bolding and/or caps for emphasis only; continuous 'shouting'
can be annoying.
8. If you have questions, ask away, but in a courteous manner. Most
people will respond in like manner, and, if your question is too personal
for them, they will politely say so. Asking questions is an excellent way to
9. If someone arrives who is being offensive, ignore that person. Do
not post to him/her and do not mention him/her in your posts to others,
except to advise them to ignore him/her. An offensive person quickly tires
of talking to him/her self and leaves. Report any such incident immediately
so that appropriate action can be taken.
DO NOT TO TYPE IN CAPS ALL THE TIME, BECAUSE IT MEANS YOU'RE YELLING,
EVEN IF YOU DON'T MEAN TO YELL!
You do not have to put up with what I affectionately like to call a
Weirdo. Generally rude, they ask about personal information as if it's their
God given right to know everything about you. Use the "Ignore Option"!