- Water - a simple but often underestimated requirement.
- Compass & Map - especially useful when travelling through unfamiliar areas.
- Daypack - lightweight pack to store water, food, and basic necessities.
- Food - something lightweight but nutritious, high in carbohydrates.
- Extra Clothing - a lifesaver when you're soaked by an unexpected rain.
- Matches - to build a fire during cold nights.
- First Aid Kit - keep it simple, when you need it you'll be glad you brought it.
- Flashlight - critical for that unexpected overnight stay.
- Sunscreen - you'll be greatful not to have a sunburn.
- Mirror - a signal device when you're lost.
- Raingear - gore-tex is best but even a cheap vinyl poncho can preserve precious body heat.
[Home] [Skiing & Snowboarding] [Hiking] [Biking] [Camping] [Fishing] [Laurel Caverns]
[Sign My Guestbook] [View My Guestbook] [ICQ]