|Crickhollow Kennels Perm. Red'g.|
|Welcome to Crickhollow Kennels, home of Miniature Longhaired Dachshunds.|
|Interested in Buying a Dachshund?
We have compiled a list of things that we feel that people should be aware of before buying a dachshund.
· Dachshunds may be little but they are still "hounds". They were breed to be independent thinkers. They are very smart and should have toys and activities to keep them occupied.
· Dachshunds love food. Over feeding a dachshund can cause serious back problems. Instead of cookies and fatting treats we give our dogs fresh fruit and vegetables if they want a snack.
· Dachshunds are a pack animals they like being with other dogs, especially other dachshunds.
· Dachshunds were breed to go into burrows, they have toenails that grow fast and need to be trimmed regularly.
· Dachshunds like to dig. We have a designated ?digging? area in our yard that our dogs know that they are allowed to dig in.
· Dachshunds are very devoted to their owners and like to be with people, but they can be very protective.
· Many dachshunds are leery of children. If you have children and want to introduce a dachshund into your family, do so with consideration for both the dog and the child(ren).
· WARNING: Dachshunds are addictive. Once you buy a dachshund you will want more.
If you decide that you want to buy a dog (PLEASE) take the time to research the breed to make sure that it will fit with your lifestyle! Ask questions. Talk to you vet. Read books. There is a lot of information out there. The more you know, the better off you will be!
Buy from reputable breeders! Dogs bought from puppy mills (kennels that mass produce puppies) often have serious health and temperament problems.
A reputable breeder will be able to provide you with information and assistance. He or she should be dedicated to "the betterment of the breed".
We strongly recommend obedience classes. There are also many "doggy" sports that are fun and beneficial for you and your dog.
| Above Crickhollows Rock Star (Roady)
Am Ch.BISS Sleepytimes Figure of Speech X Can. Ch Crichollows Minomi
Roady is a Group Placer and AKC Puppy Group Winner
call or email for information
|Quality Miniature Longhaired Dachshunds|
| Crickhollow Dachshunds Home
Laraine and Nicole Guidry
We are located in Mobile Alabama 251-510-2168
Member of the Dachshund Club of America
Member of Mobile Kennel Club
|What to Look For in A Breeder|
|My Favorite Links:|
|DLP Graphics (Home of Lil'bit Crickhollow's most photogenic Doxie)|
|Langlichhund Mini Long Dachshunds|
|Canadian Kennel Club|
|American Kennel Club|
|Ch Crickhollow Kyota GP
Shown here "in coat"; but not groomed for the show ring
Cricket had puppies in August 2005. Both puppies have gone to loving show homes - Best of Luck "Dharma" and "Xena"!
|Can Ch. Crickhollow Mahogany ml (Ma Huang)
Sire Int. Am. Can. Ch joskips red rowan
Dam Ch. Crickhollow Minomi (Holly)
Show here taking BOW
|Roady's Brother Crickhollows Elis Coming (Eli)|