|The Adventures of Paisley
When my life started to get out of control earlier this year, my husband asked me to stop keeping my online journal. I am not going to try and second guess my compliance with his request or try and make excuses or anything like that. I am just going on.
Perhaps some other time I will discuss what has happened in more detail, but here is a summary of past events:
That pretty much sums it up. My world turned upside down since the last time I wrote, and there was a lot of intrigue, lies, and confusion to work through. At the same time, have I got some stories...!!! LOL
- My husband felt a great necessity to leave in a hurry, taking the little money we had left.
- I did not have a job -- I was laid off, remember? School was out of the question because I needed to support myself.
- It took about 6 weeks for me to find a job, but I found a great one. If you look at my journal entry for February 14th, you will see that one ideal I had was to find work with a nonprofit organization -- and I did!
- Thanks to the actions and support of my true friends, I was not kicked out of my meager accomodations, I had food to eat, and I managed to laugh quite a bit during those trying times.
- I got caught up completely on my rent.
- I became really good friends with three guys who all happen to be gay, and we were all four going to move into a house together. One turned out to be a scam artist and stole money from the rest of us. When we caught on to him, he disappeared. Another (Michael) lost two jobs over this fiasco and had to move away. The other, Twinkle, still lives in the same building as I do.
- I managed to take a vacation back to Arkansas in August.
- In the lunch room at work, I became known as the Domino Queen.
- I started singing karaoke at my neighborhood bar. One night I was asked to be the lead singer of a band. I did not go for it, but it felt good to be asked.
- I am stronger and happier than I have been for as long as I can remember.
- On the day that America was attacked, September 11, 2001, I was raped.
- Last Saturday, September 22nd, I was assaulted in the building where I live. Now this is 4 times this year that I have been on the receiving end of this B*S.
- I have filed police reports on both of these guys, and have already begun counseling to deal with all this.
- I decided one good way to deal with this would be to begin my journal keeping again. I also decided to move "Paisley Press" to Geocities, so it will take a little time to make all the links work right again.
- Sometimes I get really depressed, angry, and other negative feelings. I have been surfing the web looking at rape survivor sites, and I realize this is normal.
- In the meantime, I am going on.