Personal development is a lifelong pursuit because life is a work in progress.
There is a constant tug-of-war between who we are and who we want to be. Identifying what areas of our lives we have
control over - and what we can actually change - are important steps to fulfilling our potential.
In an effort to achieve balance in the everyday struggle to improve, try to set goals in each of the following areas:
- Health and Fitness
- Hobbies and Interests
- Life Purpose
Making your dreams come true is possible:
Use the following steps to organize your goals and turn them into reality.
- Write the goals down. Using present tense, write a sentence (or more) that describes where you want to be.
- Prioritize. Take the list of goals and prioritize them. You cannot do everything all at once. Make choices.
- Motivation. Write down your compelling reason for why you want to achieve this goal. Why is it important?
- Affirmations. Create 3-5 believable positive power statements that will keep you on track.
- Visualize success. Imagine what it will feel like to successfully complete each goal. Picture how your life will be when this goal has been accomplished.
- Daily routine. Repeat your affirmations and visualize your success each day. Review your goals often.
- Make microgoals. For your active goals, create a plan of action. Consult experts or do research as needed. Break down the big goal into smaller microgoals.
- Keep a goal sheet. For each plan of action, write out the microgoals that will build on each other until the large goal is reached. Set a time period for completion. Be realistic and flexible.
- Record your progress. Write daily in your journal. Record your successes, ideas, challenges, and thoughts.
- Review and Celebrate! Review your plan regularly, at least once a year. Evaluate your priorities to see if they have changed. Revise as necessary. Celebrate your successes because you are making your dreams come true!
My Personal Goals:
Things I Find Useful:
Links re: Personal Development: