Barbie My Favorite Peaches N Cream Barbie Doll
|Price:||$43.50 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by MyPromote Books
"My Favorite Barbie" collection returns with beloved Barbie dolls, recreated in loving detail. 1985's Peaches 'n Cream Barbie doll is an especially cherished doll. Beautiful peach gown, stole and opulent design made this doll a favorite. Included in this package are a reproduction doll and reproduction fashion, 3 collector cards, and a reproduction booklet. Now, Peaches 'n Cream Barbie doll returns - for you, to share, to love forever!
- Amazon Sales Rank: #30998 in Toys & Games
- Brand: Mattel
- Model: R9525
- Dimensions: 13.00" h x 3.00" w x 11.00" l, 1.46 pounds
- 1984 reproduction Peaches N Cream Barbie Doll
- An especially cherished collector doll from the 1984
- In beautiful peach chiffon gown, stole, and opulent design
- Includes reproduction doll and fashion, 3 collector cards, and a reproduction booklet
- For the adult collector
From the Manufacturer
Barbie Peaches N Cream Barbie Doll: 1984s Peaches N Cream Barbie Doll is an especially cherished doll. The original box said shes as pretty as a peach blossom. Beautiful peach chiffon gown, stole, and opulent design made this doll a favorite. Included in this package is a reproduction doll and reproduction fashion, 3 collector cards, and a reproduction booklet. For the adult collector.
I was so glad when I seen that this doll was re-issued! When I was little I begged and begged for this doll! I never got it and was crushed when my older cousin got this doll for her birthday when she didn't even like dolls or barbies. Now I have mine and she is totally beautiful and I love how you can display the doll without having to rip open the box. The best x-mas gift I received for 2009!
Great Doll But Not A Very Good Reproduction
I love this doll and I think as a stand alone she is fantastic. But, from a collector point of view, she is not really a very good reproduction of the original Peaches 'N Cream Doll. Here is why
1) the original doll has much longer and fuller hair than the repro doll
2) the lips of the repro doll are too big. The 80s dolls do not have such big lips but more refined, finer lips - subtle
3) the lip color of this repro is also too intense and dark
4) compared to the original, the make up (especially around the eyes) is just not as good and detailed
5) the repro doll's hair is also too dark. The original doll has very light blonde hair, whereas this one's a more yellow, darker blonde
6) the jewelry of this repro doll is made of plastic (specifically the "stones"). The jewelry of the original doll was made out of glass. Looks like Mattel has sacrificed detail and quality to save some money
7) this repro also has the painted on knickers whereas the original one didnt
8) her feet are also too big and she does not have the closed toed shoes like the original doll
So overall I'd say a great doll but compared to the original doll, this doll has a much lower quality and just exhibits less attention to detail (like eye make up, hair color etc). It is a shame because it costs almost 50 dollars and is quality wise probably not worth all that much.
Blast to the past!
I had this Barbie when I was young, and I have to say that I never expected to see her again. She is beautiful! From inside the box, she looks exactly like the one I had when I was little. Her dress and sash are perfect! If she wasn't $35 I would totally buy her :/