Barbie: Island Princess
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Ships from and sold by goHastings
An Adventure Of A Lifetime Awaits You! Join Barbie¿ as Rosella¿, the shipwrecked princess, and her family of animal friends on her tropical island. Raised by a red panda, a peacock, and a baby elephant, Rosella¿ knows nothing of her real identity until adventurous Prince Antonio¿ discovers her tropical island. Through fun-filled mini-games, you will travel from the island home of Rosella¿ to the coastal castle of Prince Antonio¿.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #6420 in Video Games
- Brand: ACTIVISION
- Model: 047875754058
- Released on: 2008-02-01
- ESRB Rating: Everyone
- Platform: Nintendo Wii
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: .50" h x 5.50" w x 7.50" l, .25 pounds
- 1-2 Player
- 28 fun-filled, adventurous mini-games.
- Collect treasures from the island with Rosella¿ and her animal family.
- Impress the Royal Court with your dance moves.
- Interact with Barbie as Rosella, Prince Antonio, Princess Luciana, Tika, Sagi, Azul or Tallulah
- Visit the Deserted Island, Royal Ship, Harbor Village, Apollonian Castle and the Greenhouse
- 28 mini games including flower collecting, dress designing, star gazing, dancing and item collecting
- Play by yourself or in co-op and competitive multiplayer
- Includes footage and songs from the movie
- Unlock special characters, dresses and additional movie footage
What a let down
I purchased this for Christmas, since my 5 year old daughter loves Barbie Island Princess. The video preview made it look attractive, and age appropriate, but the game is such a let down. The game play is VERY slow, you are always waiting for the next screen or game to "load", and the games are too basic. The constant pauses for "loading" makes the experience very boring, and my kids got tired of this very quickly. Worst game I've experienced on the Wii, by far. I definitely don't recommend buying this.
Dissapointing and frustrating on the Wii
My mother in law bought this for our 5 year niece old. She was very excited as she loves Barbie and she loves playing Wii Sports, Carnival and Making Miis. However this game is terrible on the Wii and she was soon frustrated and angry.
The Wiimote is only used in about 25% of the games and cannot be used to navigate the game menus. Our niece was very frustrated and confused because she could not understand what controller to use when. It is clear that this game was designed for another platform and just haphazardly ported to the Wii. It is a real shame because the graphics are very attractive and the games appropriate for young girls. I strongly recommend against buying this game for the Wii, maybe it is better on another platform.
Good for 5 year olds.
I don't know about these other reviews; maybe parents interjecting on their kid's behalf. My 5 year old daughter loves this game and has no troubles. She can play it by herself just fine. This and Mario Party8 are her favorite choices amongst the games we own!