Map of lots from Shirlington to Herndon.|
- Take I-395 to the Shirlington exit, bear to right heading north, go to second stoplight. Turn left on South Four Mile Run Drive. The W&OD Trail will be on the right paralleling the road. You can park along the side of the road. Not recommended for leaving your car overnight.
- ROUTE 50 (ARLINGTON)
- From US 50, exit at Carlyn Springs Rd.; go North 1 block. On right, lot holds about 18 cars. No parking after dark.
- WILSON BLVD. (ARLINGTON)
- From I-66, take Glebe Road (Va. 120) south, turn right on Wilson; turn left on Manchester. Lot on left.
- EAST FALLS CHURCH
- Weekends only: Free parking at East Falls Church Metro Station. Take I-66 West from D.C., first exit after Glebe Road exit. The trail skirts the southern side of the station property.
- FALLS CHURCH
- Some people park on the north side of Pennsylvania Ave., near where it intersects with Great Falls St.
- DUNN LORING
- Take I-495 to the Gallows Road/Route 50 exit and follow the signs towards Gallows Road north (right turn on Gallows). Go past the trail, turn right on Idylwood Road, turn right on Sandburg Street. Gravel lots on both sides of road at trail. Holds about a dozen cars. Closest lot to Tyson's Corner.
- CEDAR LANE (VIENNA)
- Only holds four cars.
- VIENNA EAST
- Take Route 123 into Vienna, turn on Park Street (left if comming from Tysons Corner). Turn right into the Vienna Community Center parking lot. The trail runs between the parking lot and the center.
- VIENNA WEST
- Take Route 123 into Vienna, turn on Park Street (right if comming from Tysons Corner). Turn left at four-way stop sign onto Church, turn right onto Mill Street. Turn left onto Ayr Hill Road and then left into the asphalt parking lot at the train station.
- CLARKS CROSSING
- Not far from Vienna. Spaces for 12 cars. Off Buelah Road.
- HUNTER MILL ROAD
- Only holds eight cars.
- E. RESTON
Follow instructions, below, but instead of turning on Old Reston Avenue, continue on Sunset Hills Road and turn left a block *before* Wiehle Ave. into a large commuter parking lot next to the trail, although this is ususally full on weekdays.
- Take Dulles Toll Road (Rte 267) west, exit to Reston Parkway, north/right. Turn right onto Sunset Hills Road, then left onto Old Reston Avenue at the 7-11 store. There is a paved parking lot on the right by the trail.
- Take Elden Street to Station Street (right turn if you are coming from Route 7). At the end of station street pull down towards the large town municipal center parking lot.
- STERLING/ROUTE 28
- Take Route 28, watch for W&OD Parking signs, several miles north of Dulles Airport. This is a large lot, good for horse trailers. There are very few road crossings west of this lot.
- The Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority has just opened a new 40 car parking lot for W&OD Trail users at the trail intersection at Ashburn Road in Loudoun County. This lot is just on the opposite side of the trail from the famous Partlows Brothers Store, near Mile Marker 28.
- BELMONT RIDGE ROAD
- Take Route 7 west from Tyson's Corner 15 miles, before bridge over Goose Creek, turn left at light. Five gravel spaces at intersection with trail.
- Take Route 7 west into Leesburg, turn left onto Sycolin Road. Turn immediately right into the parking lot for the Douglass Community Center and park in the rear of the building. The trail is directly behind the building through the picnic area.
- LEESBURG WEST
- Take Route 7 west into Leesburg past the Douglass Community Center and turn left on Catoctin Circle. Follow that road until you turn left on Dry Mill Road. Turn immediately right into the parking lot of Loudoun County High School. The trail is several hundred yards further down Catoctin Circle. Only for parking on weekends during the school year. Horseback riders are requested to clean up after their horses in the parking lot.
- Take Route 7 West. Exit the Bypass at Route 287; turn left. Turn right onto Hirst Road, then left on Maple Street. Turn left into the parking lot of Loudoun Valley High School. Only for parking on weekends during the school year. Horseback riders are requested to clean up after their horses in the parking lot.
- PURCELLVILLE WEST
- Route 7 to exit for Route 287. Go south to Purcellville. Turn right onto business Route 7 ("the Pike"). Turn right onto Hatcher Street, right into gravel parking lot at trail.
[ Back to Top]
This page most recently updated on Feb 22 2001.
This page hosted by
Get your own Free Home Page