Past and Present In Leesburg

SEARCH THIS SITE | MAP OF THIS WEB SITE
 Self- Guided Tour
  Leesburg
 Other Towns
  Falls Church
  Dunn Loring
  Vienna
  Reston
  Herndon
  Sterling
  Ashburn
  Hamilton
  Purcellville
 Main Pages
  Old Towns
  The Railroad
  Maps
  W&OD Home

Leesburg on W&OD

Harrison House, 200 block of N. King Street. Confederate Generals Lee, Stuart and Jackson met here a few days before the Battle of Antietam, Sept. 1862. For students of this war, this meeting was poignant because Jackson would be killed by accident by his own men in May, 1863.
  Old Houses
  Biking
  African- American Sites
  Walking
  In-Line Skating
  Parking
  Commuting
  Civil War
  Camping
  Trestles
  Museums
  Civil War Sites, Western Part of Trail
  Running

Walking Tour

Leesburg Station, built 1887, destroyed in a fire, 1969. Photographed by H. H. Harwood, Jr. in 1951. Built when the Richmond & Danville Railroad controlled the W&OD, it strongly resembled the stations in East Falls Church, Clifton and Gainesville, all of which were also built by the Richmond & Danville. Source: Virginia Railway Depots by Donald R. Traser.
Concerned Citizens About Leesburg's Future

Photographic tour of Movren Park

 

Last updated Dec 8, 2000. | Send an email to the person who maintains these pages. | Guide to these pages

Click Here!
Hosting by WebRing.