Guided Tour Of Dunn Loring On The W&OD



 Self-Guided Tours of Towns On Trail
  Barcroft
  Glencarlyn
  Falls Church
  Vienna
  Reston
  Ashburn
  Waterford
  Hamilton
  Purcellville
  Round Hill
  Home
  Dunn Loring

More Links About Dunn Loring

Dunn Loring Methodist Church's history

  1. Corner of Idylwood and Gallows Roads, The Black House also known as The Goat Farm, 1912 awaits demolition permit in early 2005. Note barn and other farm structures in back yard. Still owned by the Black family.

  2. 2400 Sandburg Street, 1887-1889 had a still during Prohibition. Note the large red barn in back, windmill, too.

  3. Corner of Sandburg Street and Idylwood Rd. 1895-1896



    Between No. 3 and No. 4: a Sears Kit house, 1924, not on map. 2400 block Sandburg St.

  4. 1887 Taylor House, corner of Sandburg and Park Streets. While the Army operated Camp Alger in Dunn Loring, this house served as a store. One of the first three houses in Dunn Loring.

  5. North Park Street, next to Taylor House (see above) 1889.

  6. 7930 Idylwood Road, Shreve House1913. Lumber to build house arrived on the railroad. The carpenter earned $2 per day to build the house.

  7. Corner Iliff Drive and Sandburg Street, The Poole House,1899

  8. 2422 Sandburg Street, Porter House, 1913-1914


 


During Prohibition, this house had a still. It still has a barn.
This is under construction.

Last updated Feb 14, 2005. | Send an email to the person who maintains these pages. | Guide to these pages

Hosting by WebRing.