Quest for Evil
One variant of playing the Quest for Glory games is to try and be as bad, dishonest, selfish, rude
as you can be and yet complete the games successfully. The freedom and flexibility of the design and gameplay
as well as the inherent dark side to the Thief character, not only makes it very possible but enjoyable
in a perverse way. Hey, it's better to be EVIL in a game than in real life!
This extremely thorough list was compiled by with help from many longtime
board members like Encyclopedia Salesman, Perdita, F.A., Hoopyfroodcat, Leonardo 007, SunTzu, Lil Mage, burner,
Breany, and csavio. All of these actions have been reasonably tested to ensure that they don't interfere in the completion
of the games. However, if you find any inaccuracies, or have other evil deeds to report,
send them here.
A Word of Warning: This list presumes a good knowledge of the games and
contains major spoilers from every episode. It is recommended that you read this only after you've completed
each of the games at least once.
Evil Deeds Common to All QFG Episodes
- Steal, pickpocket, and sneak around everywhere you go. (This covers all the stanadard Thief actions.)
- Annoy everyone as many times as possible (Aziza, Zara, Erasmus, Issur, Rajah, Harami, the Laibon, the Burgomeister).
- Be rude to your friends (Shameen, Shema, Johari, Yesufu and Wolfie).
- Obviously, show NO generosity to beggars, musicians, performers or Abdulla Doo.
- Be sure to charm every female to the best of your abilities (while still showing NO generosity).
- Show the thief sign to Rakeesh and others like him.
- Get drunk every time you visit the local pub / tavern.
Evil Deeds in QFG1: So You Want to Be a Hero?
- Be sure to comment on the guard's bald spot at the door of Spielburg castle.
- Kill the silly fox.
- Lie to Erasmus about what spells you know in QFG1.
- Cheat when playing the Mage's Maze with Erasmus. This can be done by clicking the Flame Dart spell on his
creature to hamper it.
- ALWAYS beat and humiliate Swordy Lordy in the combat duels.
- After you've sold Cheetaur claws, Magic Mushrooms, and Troll's Beard to the Healer and gotten the needed
Dispel potion and Undead Unguent, go steal some healing potions from her.
- Eradicate that pesky bear in the cave northeast in Spielburg valley. He is of no use!
- Be sure to kill Brutus after his meeting with Bruno.
- Destroy the troll guarding the secret cave entrance to the Brigand's fortress. Even after
he's let you pass upon saying 'Hiden Goseke'.
- If you are strong enough, take Toro DOWN.
- Throw daggers or spells at Yorrick.
- Under no circumstances should you use the mirror on Baba Yaga. After all, she's a harmless old hag.
Simply return to the castle after restoring Elsa.
Evil Deeds in QFG2: Trial By Fire
- Don't even think about giving Omar back his purse. Or, take all the money from it and then give it back.
- Give 'ol Merv your best shot.
- Lie to the astrologer about your name.
- Kick Simba in the Guild Hall.
- Hit on Aziza with extreme aggression, if you know what I mean.
- Leave Al Scurva to his fate - parched, hungry and transformed.
- Don't help Julanar at all.
- Kill the EOF warrior.
- Zayishah? Well, you know...
Evil Deeds in QFG3: Wages of War
- Flirt with Janna at the Welcome Inn at every chance, and especially after you learn of her husband.
- Knife Harami in the back when he is fleeing from the money changer.
- Don't mention Julanar to Salim.
- Take two puffs from Salim's pipe.
- Don't bother with getting the feather from the honeybird for Salim.
- Let Rakeesh swear the Oath to bring peace all by himself. Refuse to swear it yourself.
- Don't give Shema's note to the katta. Leave him longing for his homeland.
- When Harami asks you to meet him, walk away.
- When you meet Harami in the bazaar at night, leave without giving him anything. Don't
even waste words on him.
- Use magic in your Inn room in Tarna and the guest hut in the Simbani village.
- Be judged unworthy at the Temple as many times as you feel like it.
- Ignore the Aardvark when you run into him in the savanna and go back to sleep.
- Kill the poor little meerbat at the Venomous vine area.
- Don't help Yesufu during the Simbani Warrior Initiation.
- Try to kill Chui, Johari's pet panther. You can't, but it's fun to try. And you lose honor for it.
- Attack Reeshaka instead of dispelling her when the demon possesses her.
Evil Deeds in QFG4: Shadows of Darkness
- Throw rocks, daggers or cast spells at the flying hawk.
- Always enter the inn through the window. That way, you wont have to pay.
- Always try to touch or kiss Katrina when she meets you outside of town or at the castle gates.
- Throw daggers at the Rusalka.
- Wait as long as possible to break Davy out of prison, and don't bother with rescuing Igor.
- Whack the Chief Thief of Mordavia after returning him to human form.
- Kill the hexapod in the monastery instead of feeding it.
- Steal the locket from Nikolai's house, return it, and then steal it again. (Same effect as killing the Chief Thief in that your honor drops to zero).
- Be sure to 'forget' to release the Will 'O Wisps from the jar.
- Cop a feel with Katrina while she is sleeping in in her coffin.
Evil Deeds in QFG5: Dragon Fire
- When Logos asks if you will enter the Rites, simply do not say 'yes.'
- Be sure to blackjack the guards outside the bank several times (whether you are robbing the bank or not).
- Don't bother bringing Hippocrene water for the FA.
- Don't tell Julanar about Andre's dream (or Arestes if you have somehow managed to retain you paladin status after all this...)
- Never compliment Wolfie's work.
- Beat up the guard outside the Dead Parrot entrance just for fun, and not to marry Nawar.
- Offer nawar money when she is out on the balcony.
- If you know magic, cast Zap on your weapon before fighting in the arena. This is cheating.
- Use healing pills or potions in the arena.
- Find Sarra's lost basket but keep it (or, give it to Toro, whichever you think is MORE evil).
- Go around stabbing fishes underwater (click on them when you have a weapon readied). Or you can use spells instead.
- Cast trigger on any centaur wizards that you meet.
- Allow both Ugarte and Rakeesh to die, then confess to their murders.
- Refuse Elsa's help when fighting the Hydra. This makes it MUCH harder to defeat it, but not impossible.
- Attack Elsa on Hydra island, then quickly use the magnets to escape her wrath.
- Ignore Gnome Ann's plea for help with her deed.
- Attack Cerberus.
- Refuse to save either Erana or Katrina from Hades.
- Be sure NOT to give the Black Lotus, Pegasus feathers, Hydra scales, Lethe water, or the drugged chocolates to Salim and Julanar.
- Annihilate every living thing in Atlantis (except for the Queen of course).
- Say 'No' when Ann asks you to dance.
- Marry Elsa AND Nawar, all the while flirting with Budar. (It is not likely that erana would marry you, even if you DID bring her back.)
- After killing Bruno and completing the audience with Logos, attack the city guards on your way back to your room,
kill as many as you can and then use the magnets to escape. There is an added bonus when you get a guard down to very
little health, then throw the poisoned dagger at him. There are NO consequences to this! The game ends before they have
chance to get you! You can also kill Nawar and other townspeople this way.
- Threaten minos when confronting him with suspicions.
- ALWAYS slit the throats of blackjacked goons.
- Get the "Interesting Toolkit" for Elsa but leave her in the cell.
- Let Gort and Toro die in the final battle against the Dragon.
- If you DID restore Erana to life, be sure to ask her to sacrafice herself...
- DEFINITELY accept the crown of Silmaria, all the while being Chief Thief as well.