How to Pray the
1. While holding the Cross make The sign of the Cross and say the Apostles' Creed.
2. On the first bead pray Our Father.
3. On each of the following beads, pray a Hail Mary this constitute a decade.
4. Pray a Glory be to the Father before the following big bead.
5. Announce the First Mystery and say the Our Father on the following big bead.
There are twenty mysteries reflected upon in the Rosary, and these are divided into the four: Joyful Mysteries, Luminous Mysteries, Sorrowful Mysteries and Glorious Mysteries.
6. On each of the following beads say a Hail Mary while meditating over the Mystery.
7. After the ten Hail Mary pray a Glory be to The Father.
8. Every tenth bead is prayed the same way: Announcing the corresponding Mystery, saying a Glory be to The Father, ten Hail Mary one Glory be to The Father while meditating over the Mystery.
9. When you have finished the last Mystery you recite the Litanies
Let us pray. O God, whose only begotten Son, by His life, death, and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech Thee, that meditating upon these mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ Our Lord. Amen
The purpose of the rosary is to help keep in memory certain principal events or mysteries in the history of our salvation, and to thank and praise God for them. There are twenty mysteries reflected upon in the Rosary, and these are divided into the four:
Joyful Mysteries are meditated on Monday and Thursday.