|Statement of Faith|
|1) I believe in the LORD God of Israel who is one God eternally existent as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - the blessed Trinity.
2) I believe in the full deity and full humanity of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, God the Son, who is The Messiah spoken of by the Hebrew prophets, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified by order of Pontius Pilate, is the vicarious and atoning eternal sacrifice for all humanity, was buried, was physically resurrected from the dead on the third day following (Thursday sundown to Sunday sun up), ascended into heaven to a place of supreme authority enthroned there awaiting the day appointed for His return, and at the end of time will Judge the living and the dead then forever establish the everlasting Kingdom of God on earth as it is in Heaven.
3) I believe in the New Testament gospel - salvation by God's grace (unmerited favor). This grace is appropriated by repentance (turning from sin) and faith in Jesus Christ (which is a genuine commitment to Him).
4) I believe we are at war with Satan and his demons, the fallen angels who attempted to overthrow God in a rebellion. These enemies of God and mankind influenced the first man and woman to sin and in success stole mankind's God given authority and dominion in creation bringing man sickness, disease, heartache, immediate spiritual death, aging, and later physical death of humans and animals. See Satan.
5) Though I believe a person can know they are born again and walk in assurance, I reject the Calvinist doctrine and its unconditional eternal security. I am convinced Calvinism is unscriptural. Salvation begins by accepting God's grace through faith. Beyond that, salvation continues and concludes through faith. It is possible for a Christian to depart willfully into a lifestyle of unrestrained sin, thus proving he has abandoned faith in the grace of God which bestows and demands righteousness. Once saved, a person will always be saved unless by defiant, continual, purposeful rebellion he or she refuses God's grace and chooses apostasy. Though relatively rare for a truly saved person, apostasy is possible. (James 5:19-20, 2 Peter 3:9, and 1 Timoth 2:3-6) See OSAS, 2, 3, 4 pages.
6) I am a pre-tribulationalist, meaning that I believe Jesus Christ call true sanctified Christians away to meet Him before a 7 year period of unprecedented evil. 1 Thessalonians 4:17. After that that time, He will establish an earthly kingdom and rule from David's throne in Jerusalem. See End Times and Dispensational pages.
7) I believe in the eternal blessedness of the saved and the eternal damnation of the lost. I reject such notions as annihilation or rehabilitation of the wicked dead. Hell is real, eternal torment reserved for the Devil, his demons, and every human whose sin is not removed by the blood of Jesus Christ.
8) I believe that the Bible in 66 books only (as accepted by Protestant Christianity) is the verbally inspired, inerrant, infallible word of God. It is true in all matters of science, history, faith, and religion. See Sola Scriptura.
9) I believe that God created the universe from nothing in six literal days. I emphatically reject evolution as anti-Christian in foundation and implication, and I consider "theistic evolutionists" as either uninformed or unbelieving. Each type of plant and animal was specifically created “after its kind” by God; none came from chance or natural processes, nor did any develop from some other plant or animal. The first humans, Adam and Eve, were specially created by God; all others are their descendants. In Adam, mankind was given dominion over all other creatures and the earth itself. The entrance of sin into the world, through Adam, brought God’s curse on all creation, culminating in death and separation from God. No suffering or death existed prior to this. The Biblical record of the beginning of the world is authentic history. This includes the recent creation of all things, the fall, the curse, the global flood, and the dispersion of nations at Babel. Evidences in the earth’s crust and in human legends are to be interpreted in light of this true history.(See Creation, Genesis, and John 1)
10) I believe that all Christians are called to be an Ambassador of Christ in word and deed, sharing the Gospel of Christ Jesus as opportunity presents itself. This is best accomplished by baptism in the Holy Spirit which is a seperate account beyond salvation.
11) I reject Liberalism in every form as being a secular humanist movement and Satanism repackaged.
12) I reject any historical synod, council, canon, book, or decree as non-authoritative that has been made outside the Holy Bible. See number 8.
* Adapted from various Protestant faith statements uninclusive of Reformed or Catholic sources:
Assembly of God
Institute for Creation Research
Writings of Martin Luther
Writings of John Wesley
Writings of CS Lewis
Know God and Make Him Known.