|Modern Liberal Christianity
The Apostate Church
|I have truly considered entitling this page "Anti-Christianity" to expose this particular movement's antiChrist belief system. Liberal Christianity is AntiChrist.
Liberal Christianity is Satanism repackaged. - Jeremy Brown
"We are moving toward a dictatorship of relativism which does not recognize anything as definitive and has as its highest value one's own ego and one's own desires," Pope Benedict declared at a pre-conclave Mass in St. Peter's Basilica
Liberal Christianity: A movement that seeks to retain religious and spiritual values of Christianity while discounting the infallible authority of the Bible. Its origins are in the German Enlightenment, notably in the philosophy of Immanuel Kant and the religious views of Friedrich Schleiermacher. Liberals reject the stated authorship and historical accuracy of many books of the Bible. They are skeptical concerning many or all of the biblical miracles, preferring naturalistic explanations or viewing miracle accounts as legend or myth. They often deny or reinterpret in mythical terms such doctrines of orthodox Christianity as the virgin birth, atoning death, and even the resurrection of Jesus. Liberalism has been most influential in mainline Protestant denominations and is rejected in Evangelical and Fundamentalist Christianity.-Watchman Fellowship’s 2001 Index of Cults and Religions
Common beliefs of Modern Liberal Christians:
1) Ending human fetuses is not murder
2) Homosexuality and Lesbianism is not sin.
3) Speaking against sin is intolerant, close-minded, and discrimminatory.
4) Modern open-mindedness is a virtue but exclusiveness is not.
God is inclusive of all religions and is not exclusive only to Christianity.
We think we are right about Christianity but we could be wrong.
5) People should not be evangelized but left alone.
6) The Bible is allegorical and a book of parables only.
7) There is no way that people can know what to take literal in the Bible.
8) Seperation of God and Government..
9) Jesus was a Liberal and not conservative like the Old Testament.
10) They attempt to defame Christians who believe contrary to them by calling them "fundamentalists" and they tie Muslem Fundamentalism to Christian Fundamentalism in their continued attempt to undermine it.
Christian Responses to the above:
1) See Abortion page.
2) See Sodom page.
3 and 4) See Tolerance, Cults, and Sin pages.
5) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Matthew 28:19
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Matthew 24:14
6) See Bible, Gospel, and Kingdom pages.
7) History proves that Biblical events are true.
See Creation and Faith pages.
8) Study quotes and writings of the founding fathers of America. See Separation Myth,
Wall Builders, American Center for Law and Justice, and Listen a to a song here.
9) Jesus did evangelize sinners and ate with them. Jesus did give sinners a second chance. But let's remember that Jesus said, "I've not come to destroy the law but to fulfill it." There is no reason why persons should think that Jesus came and went against His Father's will. Jesus and His Father are one in agreement. The life, works, and sacrifice of Christ cools God's wrath.
10) See Fundamentalism page.
11) Liberal Christianity is no better and no worse than Satanism in every facet. I work with some former Satanists who have read this page and say, "Jeremy, Satanism is basically those nine things you have said Liberal Christians believe (9/22/3)." It's sad.
12) Liberalism is incompatible with Christianity. There has never been nor ever will be a more satanic form of perverted Christianity. It hides under the false banner of tolerance and calls it love. It is the false love gospel.
Examples of Apostate Churches:
Federal Council of Churches, Episcopal Church USA, Laodicea, United Church of Canada, Anglican Church of Canada, Christian Metaphysics, Federal Council of Churches, Branch Davidians, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witness, World Council of Churches, Interfaith, Uniting Church in Australia, United Church of Christ, Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists, Friends General Conference, Universal Fellowship Of Metropolitan Community Churches, Anglican Communion, and Unitarian. PCUSA sits on the border of apostasy. Any church that denies scripture as being the primary authority of practice and adherence and any church that promotes same sex unions should be viewed as cults in the same light as say Branch Davidians (David Koresh). If a church or person adheres to any of the preceding points then realize that they are not Christian. It is highly recommended that all readers avoid these cults with extreme caution. Be nice to them though.
Keep in mind that Liberal Churches vigorously attack Christianity and the Bible. Beware of them. They are either wolves in sheeps' clothing or sheep in wolves clothing. I'm not sure which.
The "intolerance" of Christians is a direct result of the teachings of its founder Jesus Christ, who, in todays world, could be described as one of the most "intolerant" people to have ever lived...He was the one who said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me." (John 14:6) -Daphne
Ravi Zacharias, a Christian writer, warns, "Truth cannot be sacrificed at the altar of pretended tolerance. Real tolerance is deference to all ideas, not indifference to the truth."
Also see similarities in: Antinomianism, Cults and false teaching, Gnosticism, Liberals, Pelagianism, Interfaith, Unitarian, Universalism, Deism, Agnosticism, and Post-Modernism. Jewish Christian view of Liberal Christianity
Newman Against Liberalism
Book: Christianity and Liberalism
Glossary of Liberal Theological Terms
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2:20
present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:1-2
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. 2 Timothy 4:3-5
By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 1 John 3:16
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:5-7
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy -- meditate on these things. Philippians 4:8
Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure. 1 John 3:2-3
Jeremy Brown 2002-2005