Thoughts to Ponder

It is documented that 86% of Americans believe in God. Therefore, it is very hard to understand why there is such a problem about having the Ten Commandments on display or "In God We Trust" on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance.  Why don't we just tell the other 14% to Sit Down and SHUT UP!!!  Or, go live somewhere else!!!
(
This was aired on a CBS “60 Minutes” segment by Andy Rooney.  GO ANDY!!!)
Click here to view this article.
 

 

Teresa's 2-cents worth!!

  1. One Sunday morning, I was sitting in church, when this nice looking lady came in and sat down.  She was dressed nicely and every hair was in place.  I just wondered if she really wanted everyone sitting behind her to know what size dress she was wearing -- her tag was sticking out.  If I had been sitting closer would I have told her?  What would you have done? 

  2. There are do-ers', and there are those that sit back and let someone else do everything.  Which are you?  Click here to found out

  3. Pride is a good thing to have.  But, it can also be your world's worst enemy.

  4. If you do a good job, people will know without you having to tell them.

  5. What you have doesn't make you somebody.  Who you are and what good you do is what counts.

  6. Is man's best friend really the dog, or is man the dog's best friend?  I really have to wonder.  When our dog, Coco was living, I'd go out the door each day, she would just raise her head and when she saw it was just me, she'd lay her head back down.  I had to step over her to get out of the door. But, when my husband would go out, she would jump up, and run around, wagging that tail like something with no sense.  We really miss her.

  7. If you don't know what to say, sometimes it's best to say nothing.  A simple pat on the back says it all.

  8. Don't worry about things you cannot change.

  9. There's a time to raise cane.  There's a time to keep your cool.  And, there's a time to know which is the appropriate action.

  10. Sometimes if you keep up with the Joneses long enough, you will have to deal with the Joneses problems.

If God brings me to it, he will bring me through it.

 

 

 

 

Here's a word of advice I always like to give to new moms . . .

Cherish every moment you can with your new baby.  They grow up so fast.  It seems like only yesterday that my two boys were down in the floor playing, and I could put my arms around them and protect them from the world.  Now they are all grown up and making their own decisions. But, that's the way it's suppose to be.

back

 

 

 

 

 

My Pet Peeves

  • People's inconsiderate use of cell phones in public.  Just the other day, my husband and I were having lunch at a restaurant.  A couple came in and was being taken to their table by the hostess.  They were both on their cell phones.  It made you wonder if they were talking to each other.  Some people just don't have a life.  Also, I think everyone should put their phones on vibrate when they are in a public location.

  • Once again, out shopping one day I walked by a gentleman that had his cell phone out texting.  I turned around and there was another one on his blackberry.  What happened to the interaction between people?  It's really sad but people don't have time to look at people they meet and give a simple smile.

  • Wouldn't it be nice if when the postage rate increased the postal service would get better instead of worst?  I recently mailed a letter by registered mail from the Middle Tennessee area on a Tuesday going to Chicago, IL.  It did not make it to its destination until Monday of the next week (6 days).  This is entirely too long.  I could have taken it there myself in that length of time.
     


back

 

Website Updated 6/10/2009

Hosting by