Middle Tennessee Outdoor Recreation Links
- Paddling Tennessee Message Board
- Check out our NEW Message Board, for sharing stories, suggestions and ideas for paddling Tennessee's rivers.
Tupelo MS Kanoe Krew
- A group from Tupelo, MS that visits the Buffalo River several times each year, beginning on Memorial Day Weekend. Drop in and check out the pics of this fun bunch.
The Sonny Pages
- Sonny's Ongoing Experiment. More Buffalo River pics at this site.
Canoe Music City Club
- Canoe rental in Kingston Springs, TN on the Harpeth River, formerly known as the Pizza and Canoe Shack.
Bell Witch Cave and Canoe Rental
- Visit the Bell Witch Cave in Adams Tn then canoe the Red River. Canoe rentals available.
Tennessee Eastman Hiking and Canoeing
- A non-profit outdoors club, founded in 1946, offering a year-round
program of day hikes, backpacking trips, paddling trips, and other
Paddling.net: Canoeing and Kayaking Info
- Product Reviews, Trip Reviews, locate Guides, Outfitters, and Rental Facilities anywhere in North America. Paddling.net also has free classified ads and you can stay in touch with the Paddling.net Newsletter .
Buffalo River Camping & Canoeing
- Canoe Liverie and Outdoor Outfitters on the Buffalo River. 651 Cuba Landing, Waverly, TN 37185 Phone 931-296-5964
Adventure Hiking in the Smoky Mountains
- Offering Free Guided Trips -
Leconte, Chimneys, Boulder Rock (Rapelling), Look Rock (Rapelling), Clingmans Dome, All Area Trails (National Park), Sugarlands, Cades Cove.
Instruction Classes available for training in repelling techniques
tying knots, climbing, and survival .
Shelby's Outdoors -
- Photos and stories about kid's outdoor activities (camping, canoeing, hiking) in Middle Tennessee.
Corps of Engineers- Natural Resource Management Branch
Information on individual lakes in Tennessee
P.O. Box 1070, Nashville, TN 37202.
Tennessee Scenic River Association
P.O. 3104 Nashville, TN 37219
Tennessee State Parks
For information on these and other Tennessee State Parks,
Wilderness Areas, Natural Areas and Historical Areas.
Tennessee Trails Association
P.O. 4913, Chattanooga, TN 37405
Shelby's Kid's Club -
some great online Shockwave games, riddles and jokes, a cool slam book to sign, pet photos, fun things for kids to do in Nashville TN, free original graphics and animations, photos and stories about outdoor activities (camping, canoeing, hiking) in middle tennessee.
Nashville Scene Outdoor Recreation Listings
- Hike a mountain, catch a fish, shoot a critter, or just look
at one--nature beckons you, Nashville. For fishing and
skiing, man-made lakes sparkle in the hills. For hunting, the
woods are bustling with game. For nature watching, we've
got just the marshy spot for you. So go forth, work up a
sweat, chat around the campfire. The Great Outdoors is
Canoeing in Tennessee:
- Scenic Canoe Trips for Paddlers of All Ages and Abilities by Holly Sherwin for information about paddling streams and rivers in Tennessee. Paperback - 125 pages (October 1996) An excellent illustrated text written by someone who obviously has been there. Recommended!!
The Duck River's Cooper Camp -
- A couple by the name of Cooper from Unionville, TN have a primitive camp and a place for either a put in or take out on the Duck River in Tennessee. .They charge $2 for using their camp. There's also a big cave opening to explore if you're brave enough.
Junior Girl Scout Troop 2616 -
- Bellevue Tennessee. Come and check out our site and see some of the fun things we do in girl scouts. Don't miss our Camporee 2000 pics, we had a great time camping this May.
Girl Scout Camporee 2000 -
- This past May our troop, along with a lot of others from our Council, stayed at Camp Sycamore for three days and two nights. Cumberland Valley Girl Scout Camp Sycamore Hills is a beautiful camp right on Sycamore Creek in Cheatham County, Tennessee. We got to do lots of interesting things - crafts, flag ceremonies, singing, campfires, color guard, and more. We played on the swinging bridge over Sycamore Creek and made Tie Dyed t-shirts.
We also had a Bridging Ceremony for several of our Girl Scouts. We had everyone from Daisies to Seniors at this years Camporee.
We took lots of photos for our web site, over 200 in fact. We hope you can take a few minutes and check out our photos and stories from Camporee 2000. Just click on the the thumbnailed photographs for the full size image and the captions.
The Joy of Canoe Camping -
- Camping and canoeing - who could ask for anything more?
Canoe Camping Primer
- Words of experience on Camping and canoeing.
- Navigatable Rivers in Tennessee.
- More information than you can shake a paddle at!
Tenn. Titan vs. St. Louis Rams Photo Galleries -
- Gallery of Tennessee Titan's Game Day Pics. All pics were taken August 14, 2000 during the preseason game Titans vs Rams played at Adelphia . Thumbnailed for quick loading, click on the thumbnail to get the big pic, plus the caption.
- We are a group of women committed to clean rivers, strong bodies and healthy minds.
Tennessee Valley Canoe Club
- Club for paddlers in Tennessee.
Southeastern Outdoor Recreation Magazine Online -
- The first ever publication to focus strictly on paddling, hiking and biking in the American Southeast. From the misty swamps of Florida to the rugged Tennessee Mountains, SOR is your premier source for useful, practical information to help you better enjoy the outdoors.
Paddling Message Board
- Post your opinions or questions on Paddling in Tennessee.
River Valley Inflatables
- River Valley (RV) Inflatables: Retail inflatable kayaks, canoes, boats, and more...
© 2004 by Cindy.
All material contained within this electronic or its corresponding print publication is copyrighted 1999/2007. Any reproduction must be with specific written permission. Comments gladly accepted; send via e mail to Cindy