Looking North along Grosvenor Road



Station Road
Back to Index

Local stationer's
Advertisement
Photo taken May 2002

Copyright Ian Maine and Jim White of Aldershot Military Museum
Images of England ALDERSHOT Published by Tempus Publishing Limited in 2000. ISBN 0 7524 1865 3
View down Grosvenor Road towards the Warburg Cavalry Barracks gates, c. 1910. This view shows how the Army was literally on the doorstep. Behind the gates were over 450 horses and as many men for whichever cavalry regiment was quartered there. Most of the buildings along the road remain. However, the barracks have gone, to be replaced by the Warburg car park, and unpleasant example of 1960s municipal vandalism.

Hosting by WebRing.