Aldershot Train Station, Station Road



The Bank Buildings,
Victoria Road
Back to Index


Barrack Road,
Princes Hall
Photo taken May 2002

Copyright Ian Maine and Jim White of Aldershot Military Museum
Images of England ALDERSHOT Published by Tempus Publishing Limited in 2000. ISBN 0 7524 1865 3
Looking towards the railway station, c. 1903. Despite the arrival of the Army, Aldershot did not receive its own railway station until 2 May 1870. The station has seen the arrival and departure of millions of soldiers since its construction. Its use for transporting troops to ports and other parts of Britain was commonplace until the 1960s.
Copyright Ian Maine and Jim White of Aldershot Military Museum
Images of England ALDERSHOT Published by Tempus Publishing Limited in 2000. ISBN 0 7524 1865 3
The arrival of the first Militiamen to join their units, 1939. Aldershot was an important mobilization centre for the Boer War, the First World War and the Second World War. Men who had been transfered to the Army Reserve after leaving the Army could be recalled for service in case of National Emergency or general mobilization.

Hosting by WebRing.