Hippodrome House, Hippodrome Theatre, Station Road



Princes Gardens,
High Street
Back to Index


The Bank Buildings,
Victoria Road
Hippodrome House now stands in the place of the original Theatre. Photo Taken May 2002.

Copyright Ian Maine and Jim White of Aldershot Military Museum
Images of England ALDERSHOT Published by Tempus Publishing Limited in 2000. ISBN 0 7524 1865 3
The Hippodrome Theatre, built in 1913, remained a live variety theatre for revues, pantomimes and old-style music hall until its demolition in 1962.
Copyright Ian Maine and Jim White of Aldershot Military Museum
Images of England ALDERSHOT Published by Tempus Publishing Limited in 2000. ISBN 0 7524 1865 3
The interior of the Hippodrome enabled up to 1700 people to see each performance. The theatre was one of the largest in the south of England. Its proximity to Aldershot's bus and railway station meant that people could travel from miles around to see production which were staged there.

Hosting by WebRing.