|origins/legends||origins p.2||photo page|
|origins p.3||Geer Times|
|send us your line|
|NB: dates are day/month/year|
|D2 DIONES GEERE baptized 10/10/1624 @ Ovingdean. Married LETTICE WHITTINGTON who was buried 11/1/1668/9 @ Upper Beeding. DIONES buried 9/3/1668/9 @ Upper Beeding. His issue:
1. DIONES GEERE believed born 1652 as he was aged 10 at time of Visitation in 1662. He appears to have proved his father's will in May 1669 (unless this was DIONES GEERE of Rottingdean (ref: D1-E2) He may have been the DIONES GEERE who married CATHERINE STONE 29/11/1694 @ Portslade but that was more likely to have been DIONES GEERE baptized 1668/9 @ Pyecombe (ref: D1-E1-F3)
2. JOHN GEERE baptized 9/11/1663 @ Warningcamp. Buried March 1672 @ Upper Beeding (died aged 8/9)
E1 THOMAS GEERE probably born about 1641, son of THOMAS and MERCY GEERE of Ovingdean. Married 06/12/1663 to ELIZABETH BANISTER @ Fletching. THOMAS was buried 04/04/1706 @ Ovingdean. His issue:
1. MERCY GEERE baptized 18/05/1665 @ Standean. Recorded in the Pycombe register.
2.THOMAS GEERE baptized 10/01/1666/7 @ Pyecombe (of Lower Standean). Married 08/09/1696 to ANN WEBB @ Rye. (She recorded as a widow and Thomas as a bachelor). The 1702 baptism states he was a baliff. Buried 06/04/1706 @ Crowhurst. His issue:
a. ANNE GEERE baptized 15/04/1702 @ Battle.
b. MARY or MERCY baptized 15/04/1702. Buried 27/04/1702 @ Battle. Twin of ANNE. (baby death)
c. DIONES GEERE baptized 23/08/1704 @ Crowhurst. Buried 15/04/1706 @ Crowhurst (baby death aged 2 ? )
d. ELIZABETH GEERE baptized 20/06/1706 @ Crowhurst.
E1 THOMAS issue continued:
3. DIONES GEERE baptized 14/01/1668/9 @ Pyecombe (of Lower Standean). Ref F3
4. ELIZABETH GEERE baptized 08/12/1670 @ Pyecombe (of Standean in Ditchling).
5. JOHN GEERE baptized 06/03/1672/3 @ Pyecombe (of Standean , parish of Ditchling). Ref F5 (Newhaven Geers)
6. RICHARD GEERE baptized 09/06/1675 @ Pyecombe. Ref: F6 (Jeremy's line from here) Ref HURSTPIERPOINT
7. ? a female child of Thomas Geere buried 14/12/1678 @ Pyecombe in woollen. (Presumably a baby death).
8. SARAH GEERE baptized 28/05/1683 @ Pyecombe.
F3. DIONES GEER baptised 14/01/1668/9 @ Pyecombe. Son of THOMAS & ELIZABETH GEERE of Lower Standean. DIONES married CATHERINE STONE 26/09/1693 @ Portslade. He was buried 09/06/1708 @ Warbleton. His will dated 05/06/1708 Probate Lewes 07/05/1709. CATHERINE buried 13/03/1730/31 ? @ Warbleton. His issue:
1. THOMAS GEER 1694-1760/1 baptized 29/11/1694 @ Portslade. Ref G1
2. JOHN GEER baptized 28/08/1702 @ Warbleton.
3. ELIZABETH GEER baptized 31/10/1704 @ Warbleton.
? CATHERINE born somewhere between 1694 and 1702. She married THOMAS TRUSELER 05/02/1739 by licence.
CATHERINE died @ Portslade 13/03/1763.
4. DIONES GEER christened 25/05/1699 in parish of Ardingly. Married MARY BEAN of Warbleton, 02/03/1730/1 @
Heathfield. He was of Heathfield. His issue:
MARY GEER baptized 20/01/1732/3 @ Heathfield.
G1 THOMAS GEER baptized 29/11/1694 @ Portslade. Married 11/06/1718 to MARY MASCALL @ Heathfield. MARY buried 08/03/1749-50 @ Heathfield. THOMAS died from smallpox and was buried 26/04/1760 @ Heathfield. (Or 07/07/1761). His issue:
1. MARY GEER baptized 15/02/1719/20 @ Warbleton.
2. THOMAS GEER baptized 16/04/1721 @ Warbleton. Ref H2
3. DIONES GEER baptized 10/11/1723 @ Warbleton. Ref H3 Sussex p.5
4. JOHN GEER baptized 17/02/1725/26 @ Heathfield.
5. ELIZABETH GEER baptized 22/02/1727/8 @ Heathfield.
6. JOSEPH GEER baptized 15/02/1729/30 @ Heathfield. Ref H6 below.
7. ALICE GEER baptized 23/04/1732 @ Heathfield. Married 12/01/1758 to WILLIAM LANEY (or LENEY) @ Burwash.
8. SARAH GEER baptized 16/06/1734 @ Warbleton. Married 08/05/1760 BENJAMIN BEALE (widower) @ Mayfield.
9. RICHARD GEER baptized 02/04/1736 @ Heathfield. Ref H9 Heathfield/Waldron
10. ANN GEER baptized 27/05/1738 @ Waldron. Married 27/10/1761 to THOMAS WATERS @ Waldron.
11. CHARLES GEER baptized 23/06/1739 @ Waldron.
H6 JOSEPH GEER BAPTIZED 15/02/1729-30 @ Heathfield. 'Joseph of Waldron' married @ Wartling 28/11/1752 to JANE BENNETT of Hellingly. (It is believed Joseph died in Kent and his wife may be the Jane buried 03/02/1795 @ Cranbrook, Kent. His issue:
1. EDWARD GEER baptized 30/04/1753 @ Hellingly. Buried 17/08/1765 @ Hellingly.
2. ANN GEER baptized 06/06/1755 @ Hellingly.
3. JANE GEER baptized 26/08/1757 @ Hellingly. Married RICHARD TUTT -/06/1779 @ Westham, Sussex.
4. JOSEPH GEER baptized 22/02/1760 @ Hellingly Ref J4
5. ELIZABETH GEER baptized 08/03/1764 @ Hellingly.
J4 JOSEPH GEER baptized 22/02/1760 @ Hellingly, Sussex. Married 13/09/1780 to MARY BLACKMAN @ Cranbrook. She is believed to have been buried 12/05/1805 @ Cranbrook. JOSEPH was buried 14/10/1821 @ Cranbrook aged 61. His issue:
1. ELIZABETH GEER baptized 18/11/1780 (Ed's note: My birthday! No, not 1780 lol., although it feels like it sometimes).
Buried 27/11/1780 @ Cranbrook.
2. SOPHIA GEER baptized 13/01/1782 @ Cranbrook. Buried 12/08/1804 @ Cranbrook.
3. HENRY BLACKMAN GEER baptized 20/11/1783 @ Cranbrook. Ref K3
4. ANN BUTCHER GEER baptized 05/02/1786 @ Cranbrook.
5. BETSY GEER baptized 21/11/1788 @ Cranbrook. Buried 14/08/1796 @ Cranbrook.
6. MARY GEER baptized 25/02/1791 @ Cranbrook.
7. JANE GEER baptised 01/11/1793 @ Cranbrook. Buried 28/02/1822 @ Cranbrook.
8. HARRIET GEER, spinster. Baptized 13/04/1796 @ Cranbrook. Living in Cranbrook in 1851 aged 55, a Tea Dealer. Death
registered September 1864 @ Cranbrook.
9. LUCY GEER baptized 07/10/1798 @ Cranbrook. Married 21/11/1823 to JOSEPH SMITH @ Cranbrook.
10 JAMES GEER baptized 07/06/1801 @ Cranbrook. Ref K10
11 KITTY GEER baptized 01/06/1803 @ Cranbrook.
12 SARAH GEER baptized 12/05/1805 @ Cranbrook. PLEASE GO TO: SUSSEX PAGE 3