|Origins||origins p.2||origins p.3|
|for queries, corrections, suggestions or to send us your line mail to: email@example.com|
|please note: dates are day/month/year|
|J3 SAMUEL GEERE's issue:
1. SAMUEL GEERE son of MARY WALLER, no father mentioned Baptized 18/09/1809 Ref K1
2. JOHN GEERE (born same day as ANN (3) twins presumably). Privately baptised 20/08/1812 @ Hurstpierpoint
3. ANN GEERE (born same day as JOHN (2) twins presumably). Privately baptised 20/08/1812 buried 26/08/1812 @
4. SARAH GEERE baptized 11/06/1815 @ Hurstpierpoint. Married 02/02/1837 @ St.Ann's Lewes, to ROBERT
5. LYDIA GEERE baptized 16/07/1817 @ Hurstpierpoint. Married 15/01/1837 @ St.Ann's Lewes, to JAMES COOK,
6. RICHARD GEERE baptized 07/05/1820 @ Preston. Ref K6
7. THOMAS GEERE baptized 06/10/1822 @ Preston. Married 22/12/1845 @ St.Nicholas, Brighton to MARY
FULKNER, her death registered March 1892 @ Brighton. THOMAS died in Brighton workhouse and was buried
18/08/1893 at the Bear Rd. Cemetary, Brighton. THOMAS's issue:
A. THOMAS GEERE birth registered March 1853 @ Brighton. Died 14/04/1855 @ Brighton aged 2. Buried
22/04/1855 @ Extra Mural Cemetary, Brighton.
B. SAMUEL GEERE birth registered Dec 1863 @ Brighton, baptized 16/10/1863 @ St.Paul's Brighton. Marriage
registered Dec 1899 @ Steyning to EMILY COLES, her death registered March 1947 @ Brighton. SAMUEL'S
death registered Dec 1954 @ Brighton. SAMUEL & EMILY'S issue was three daughters. No details at present
K1 SAMUEL GEERE BAPTIZED 18/09/1809 @ Albourne. Married ESTHER BUTCHER -but no record of the marriage has yet been found. In the 1851 census ESTHER was aged 37, born in London, place not known. No records found of death of SAMUEL or ESTHER. SAMUEL was given as deceased at the time of his youngest son's first wedding in 1870. No trace of SAMUEL or ESTHER in the 1861 census nor later census. SAMUEL'S issue:
1. CHARLES WILLIAM GEERE born 1836/7 @ Brighton, baptized 26/02/1837 @ St.Nicholas, Brighton. Ref L1.
2. EMMA GEERE birth registered Sep 1839 @ Brighton as a 'female Geer.' Baptized 14/04/1854 @ St.Peter's,
Brighton. Living in Brighton in 1871 as an unmarried mother and in 1881 as a widow (?) but still with the name
Geere. No reference to her after 1881. EMMA'S issue:
A. EMILY JANE GEERE born 10/12/1859 @ 14 Newhaven Street, Brighton. Baptized 1875 @ St.Peter's. Given as
daughter of WILLIAM & EMMA GEERE. Marriage possibly registered Dec 1882 @ Brighton as EMILY GEERE
B. ESTHER GEERE born 26/08/1864 @ 2. Newhaven Street (Brighton ?) Married 23/09 1893 @ Register Office
Brighton to JOHN SEAGRAVE. Her father named as CHARLES GEERE, tailor, deceased.
C. WILLIE GEERE aged 5 in 1881. Born @ Brighton. Mentioned in 1881 census as son of EMMA GEERE but no
other references found to him.
D. ALBERT GEERE aged 18 months in 1881 and son of EMMA GEERE in 1881 census. Born @ Brighton but no
other references found to him.
3. JANE GEERE birth registered Dec 1841 @ Brighton (as GEER). Baptized 14/04/1854 @ St. Peter's, Brighton.
Married 05/10/1862 @ St. Nicholas, Brighton to HENRY HAYLES.
4. SAMUEL GEERE born 28/09/1845 @ 5.Richmond Mews, Brighton. Baptized 25/07/1854 @ St. Peter's, Brighton.
Ref L 4
L4 SAMUEL GEERE Farrier. Born 28/09/1845 @ 5. Richmond Mews, Brighton. Married 14/02/1870 @ St. Peter's, Brighton, to ROSA BYRNE. She died @ Brighton Workhouse aged 22 & was buried 22/11/1872 @ Bear Road cemetary, Brighton. SAMUEL remarried 05/11/1876 @ St. Mary's church, Islington, London to ALICE BURSEY, daughter of GEORGE BURSEY, coachman. SAMUEL died 14/07/1923 @ 1a. Sheperdess Walk, Shoreditch, London, & was buried @ Islington & St. Pancras Cemetary, Finchley, North London. ALICE believed died @ 129 St. John's Road, Islington & was buried July 1934 @ Islington &St. Pancras Cemetary. SAMUEL'S issue:
1.&2. Two children by his first wife. Both children died in infancy.
3. GEORGE WILLIAM GEERE 1877-1944 Ref M3
4. ESTHER GEERE born 04/03/1880 @ 1. Matilda St, Islington, London. Marriage registered June 1901 @ Islington
to WILLIAM HENRY SANIGAR, shopkeeper.
5. FLORENCE GEERE born 12/04/1883 @ 37 Delhi St. Islington, London. Died 08/04/1884. Buried @ Islington & St.
6. ADA ALICE GEERE born 25/01/1885 @ 42 River St. Islington. Buried May 1887 @ Islington & St. Pancras
Cemetary. (according to family bible she died 12/06/1887)
7. ALICE GEERE born 30/11/1886 @ 42 River St. Islington. Marriage registered June 1909 @ Islington to HENRY
SAMUEL J. STRICKLAND.
8. ROSE GEERE born 13/05/1889 @ 42 River St. Islington. Emigrated to Australia. Married 24/12/1912 @ Methodist
Chapel, Morphett St. Adelaide, S.Australia. to GEORGE KING, tinsmith.
9. SAMUEL GEERE born 09/08/1892 registered @ Islington. Died 08/05/1894, registered @ Holborn, London.
10. CHARLES GEERE born and died 19/06/1894 (according to family bible birth & death not registered. Stillbirth ?)
M3 GEORGE WILLIAM GEERE (Jeremy's great grandfather. See photo page.) Born 07/08/1877 @ 125 Blackstock Rd.
Islington. Married 20/06/1901 @ St. Peter's, Islington to EDITH CLARA ANGOLD (born Clara Edith Sanigar, daughter of William Angold, labourer) She died 24/02/1928 aged 48, buried March 1928 @ Islington & St. Pancras Cemetary, Finchley. GEORGE died 25/06/1944 @ St. Leonard's hospital Shoreditch aged 66 & buried June 1944 @ Islington & St. Pancras Cemetary. He lived in Islington all his life and owned a shop selling cycles & gramaphones
@ 120A Pentonville Rd, then @ 116 High Street Islington. GEORGE'S issue:
1. GEORGE WILLIAM GEERE (Jeremy's grandfather). 1902-1960 Ref N1
2. CHARLES EDWARD GEERE 1905-1964 Ref N2
3. DOROTHY EDITH GEERE 1907-
4. ALFRED SAMUEL GEERE 1911-1974 Ref N4
5. WILIAM JOSEPH GEERE 1912-1987 Ref N5
6. ROSE GERTRUDE GEERE 1916-