|NB: dates are day/month/year|
|From the line: A. JOHN GER or GEERE Ref Sussex through to E1 THOMAS GEERE father of F6, below Ref Sussex p.2
|F6 RICHARD GEERE baptized 09/06/1675 @ Pyecombe. Married 01/05/1704 @ Pyecombe to GRACE PAINE of Pyecombe. RICHARD buried 20/06/1724 @ Pyecombe. GRACE buried 20/11/1748 @ Pyecombe. RICHARD'S issue:
1. RICHARD GEERE baptized 14/05/1705 @ Brighton (but of Pyecombe). Buried 14/05/1705 @ Brighton. (Baby death)
2. JOHN GEERE baptized 09/05/1706 @ Pyecombe.Married 24/06/1735 @ Newtimber to ELIZABETH FIELD (both of Hurstpierpoint). ELIZABETH buried 08/05/1742 @ Hurstpierpoint. JOHN remarried 30/04/1743 @ Hurstpierpoint to ANN ASHFOLD. JOHN buried 19/07/1760 @ Hurstpierpoint. JOHN & ELIZABETH'S issue
(a.) ELIZABETH GEERE baptized 14/03/1735 @ Hurstpierpoint. Married 22/04/1764 @ Hurstpierpoint to EDWARD SEALE
3. RICHARD GEERE baptized 07/08/1708 @ Pyecombe. Apprenticed to Jonas Revett of Brighton, Cordwainer 29/09/1722.
4. MARY GEERE baptized 19/09/1710 @ Pyecombe. Possibly married 22/06/1738 @ Falmer to JOHN VIRGOE of Preston
5. THOMAS GEERE baptized 06/04/1713 @ Pyecombe. Buried 29/05/1737 @ Pyecombe aged 24 years.
6. GRACE GEERE baptized 22/04/1716 @ Pyecombe. Possibly married 22/09/1743 @ Edburton to THOMAS BROWN.
7. SAMUEL GEERE baptized 19/05/1719 @ Pyecombe. Ref: G7
8. SARAH GEERE baptized 27/03/1722 @ Pyecombe.
9. JAMES GEERE baptized 05/07/1724 @ Pyecombe. Married 07/04/1751 @ Clayton to MARY LEE. JAMES was buried 10/01/1804 @ Clayton. MARY was buried 26/03/1804 @ Clayton. JAMES and MARY'S issue:
(a.) JOHN GEERE baptized 07/01/1752/3 @ Clayton. Married 13/11/1784 @ Clayton to SARAH CROSKEY. JOHN died 08/01/1825 buried 14/01/1825 @ Clayton. SARAH died 15/02/1835 buried 19/02/1835 @ Clayton (1835 or 37 ?)
(b.) SARAH GEERE baptized 04/09/1754 @ Clayton. Married 06/06/1776 @ Clayton to EDWARD ORAM.
G7 SAMUEL GEER, husbandman, baptized 19/05/1719 @ Pyecombe. Married 23/07/1754 @ Hurstpierpoint to MARY PERRY (or TERRY). SAMUEL buried 09/06/1795 @ Hurstpierpoint. MARY buried 28/03/1796 @ Hurstpierpoint. SAMUEL and MARY'S issue: *
1. JAMES GEER baptized 19/12/1754 @ Hurstpierpoint. No burial recorded for him @ Hurstpierpoint. He may have been WILLIAM GEERE 1754-1834 of South Malling. Ref H1
2. JOHN GEERE baptized 19/09/1756 @ Hurstpierpoint. Ref H2
3. MARY GEER baptized 08/10/1758 @ Hurstpierpoint.
4. THOMAS GEER baptized 18/08/1762 @ Hurstpierpoint.
5. JAMES GEER baptized 16/12/1764 @ Hurstpierpoint. Married 04/04/1797 @ Hurstpierpoint to LYDIA ALFREY. JAMES buried 01/08/1831 @ Hurstpierpoint. LYDIA buried a week later 08/08/1831 @ Hurstpierpoint. JAMES' issue:
(a.) LYDIA GEER baptized 09/02/1798 @ Hurstpierpoint. Married 24/12/1819 @ Clayton to THOMAS RIDDLES of Clayton. (Lydia had an illegitimate child named Henry Bransden Geer baptized 09/12/1816 @ Albourne. Buried 19/12/1816 @ Albourne aged 16 days).
(b.) ANN GEER born 04/04/1801 and baptized 22/05/1801 @ Hurstpierpoint.
(c.) SARAH GEER born 22/02/1804, baptized 02/04/1804 @Hurstpierpoint. Married 11/06/1825 @ Hurstpierpoint to JOHN TALMAY bachelor of Hurstpierpoint. TALMAY mentioned in Hurstpierpoint Militia list as labourer 22/5/1821
(d.) ELIZABETH GEER born 22/11/1806 baptized 21/12/1806 @ Hurstpierpoint. Buried 02/07/1824 @ Hurstpierpoint.
(e.) MARY GEER born 13/11/1808, baptized 01/01/1809 @ Hurstpierpoint. Buried 31/01/1823 @ Hurstpierpoint.
(f.) WILLIAM GEER born 16/09/1811, baptized 20/10/1811 @ Hurstpierpoint.
* G7 SAMUEL GEER's issue continued:
6. ELIZABETH GEER baptized 08/09/1767 @ Hurstpierpoint. Buried 28/04/1770 @ Hurstpierpoint.(?) Or she may have married 08/05/1791 @ South Malling to RICHARD LAPPER of Friston (?)
7. SAMUEL GEERE baptized 29/07/1790 @ Hurstpierpoint. Ref H7
8. JAMES GEER baptized 12/09/1772 @ Hurstpierpoint. No burial recorded @ Hurstpierpoint. He may have been HENRY GEERE born about 1772 @ Hurstpierpoint. Ref H8
JOHN GEERE, labourer, baptized 19/09/1756 @ Hurstpierpoint. Married 18/04/1781 @ Bolney to LYDIA GEERING. LYDIA was buried 17/04/1807 @ Hurstpierpoint. JOHN was buried 22/10/1834 @ Hurstpierpoint. JOHN'S issue:
1. THOMAS GEERE baptized 26/08/1781 @ Bolney
2. JOHN GEERE baptized 09/11/1783 @ Bolney. Ref J2
? LYDIA GEERE married 05/11/1808 @ Clayton to RICHARD COLLINGHAM of Keymer.
3. SAMUEL GEERE baptized 25/11/1790 @ Hurstpierpoint. Ref J3
4. RICHARD GEERE baptized 09/03/1794 @ Hurstpierpoint.
5. MARY GEERE baptized 09/10/1796 @ Hurstpierpoint.
J3 SAMUEL GEERE baptized 25/11/1790 @ Hurstpierpoint. Married 18/09/1809 (did they think that one out, or just a coincidence?) Married at Lewes to MARY WALLER of Albourne. SAMUEL was a soldier in 1815-17; a labourer in 1820, 1822, 1845, and an Ostler in 1861 ie: stableman at an Inn. MARY died @ Brighton and was buried 19/05/1861 @ Bear Road cemetary (CZ16) presumably @ Brighton. SAMUEL died 22/03/1865 @ Brighton. Presumably buried @ Brighton. SAMUEL & MARY'S issue:
|Continued on Hurstpierpoint page 2.|