MARIETTA, COBB CO., GEORGIA
A street scene of the city square in Marietta, Cobb Co. Georgia circa 1910 to 1912. The street car is parked in front of the old courthouse which was built in 1873 and torn down in 1969. This unit would go around the city square and head back to Atlanta. This service was initiated between the two cities in 1905. Note the surreys lined up to haul the passengers. During the 1930's a one way ticket was twenty cents and a round trip for thirty-five cents. (Picture is the courtesy of Cox Printing Co.) Northwest Georgia Historical and Genealogical Society in Rome, Floyd Co., Georgia.